1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My C&R's

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Buford Allen, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

Hey guys, this is a list of my current C&R firearms. It's not much but I thought I'd share it with you.

Yugo M59/66
    Hungarian M44
    Romanian M1969
    Chinese Tokarev 213
    Czech CZ-52
    M1895 Nagant

My collection has changed a lot over the last year. I've been doing some trading and updated my collection. I also have;

Hi-Point .40 carbine
    Hi-Point .40 pistol
    Chinese SAS-12 gauge
    Remington Mod. 11 20 gauge
    New England 12 gauge
    Rossi .410 gauge

I hope to be getting another VZ-24 and a 91/30 pretty soon. I got rid of the ones that I had last year. I'm also interested in getting a Bulgarian Makarov. They seem to be the most popular right now.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

What, Buford? No M1911s or A1s?

Let's see.....in 1911s you need a Colt, Springfield Armory, and Remington-UMC.....and maybe a nice North American Arms (if you can find one).

In A1s, you need a Colt, Ithaca, Union Switch & Signal, Remington Rand, and, of course, a Singer. An Argentine Modelo 1927 and a Norwegian Model 1914 would be nice too.....

There......that oughtta keep you busy for a while! :D
  3. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

Xracer, My wife told me she thinks her Grandad had a 1911 made by the Singer Sewing Machine Co., and a Springfield M1 Carbine. We recently had to put him in a V.A. Nursing Home in Big Spring Tx. We have been trying to get his home and belongings in order and we haven't found either of the two guns mentioned. I hope His son didn't get ahold of them sometime and sell them. My wife has been upset over some of the things that have come up missing from her Grandads personal stuff.
  4. Xracer

Buford......FIND THAT SINGER!!!! :D

Blue Book value:

98% - $24,000
    95% - $18,500
    90% - $15,000
    80% - $11,500
    70% - $10,000
    60% - $8,500

........and those values are probably a bit low. At a good open firearms auction, I'll bet you could top those values by 30-50%.

BTW......if your wife's grandad had a Springfield M1 Carbine, that would be a real find, 'cause Springfield didn't make any Carbines, they made M1 Rifles. :)
  5. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

I wasn't real sure about the M1 Carbine. I don't know too much about American MilSurp, they have always been a little too expensive for me to collect. The only rifle my wife has ever really cared anything about was a Marlin/Glenfield Mod. 60 with the cute little squirrel on the stock. I was pretty sure the 1911 was worth something but never dreamed it would be that much. Thanks Xracer, it will be a long process going through Grandads stuff but maybe someday, if they're still their, his old firearms can be found and put in a safe place. :)
  6. Xracer

Well, that 1911 is worth that much only if it's a Singer. There were only 500 of 'em made.

If it's a run-of-the-mill WWII GI M1911A1 (Colt, Ithaca, Remington Rand, Union Switch & Signal), values will be much less......usually (depending on condition) in the $400 to $800 range.
  7. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Bring me a bunch of those $400-$800 Colt, Ithaca, Remington Rand, Union Switch & Signal all original guns and I'll take out a bank loan!
  8. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

I have added a Czech VZ 24 and a Swiss K31 to my C&R's. This is my first K31 and I love it. All the metal parts are in real good condition but the stock is in poor shape, especially at the butt. The wood is darkened in this area and looks as though it might have been set in water. I saw a K31 on Gun's America with the same problems on the stock. Is this a common thing? Did the Swiss do something to these rifles to cause them to look like this? I did see a replacement stock on eBay that looked pretty good. Is there anywhere else that I could maybe find a better stock?