My car is FINALLY coming home from the shop tomorow!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larry G, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Larry G

Larry G New Member

I'm as excited as a kid in a penny candy shop with a dollar to spend! It has been a year since I had my 'wheels' and it gets here tomorrow morning! Oh, here are some old pictures of it last year, in case anyone cares. Larry:D

http://picasaweb.google.com/larry.my...ey=1sKp8MIvpvQ
  2. Larry G

Larry G New Member

3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

happy for you but site wouldn't open
    second one opened ok
    nice car my favorite was the 54 belair I guess cause first car I bought with no helpfrom pa
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  4. Larry G

Larry G New Member

try the other link, nighthawk
  5. Nice looking '59 Chevy, Larry! The first car I ever owned that was "mine all mine" was a used '59 Chevy, white with red trim. When I finally sold it, I had well over 100,000 miles on it and it still ran well. Does it have that short block 283 V-8 in it?
  6. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Pistolenschutze, Original 283 (numbers matching) with a pair of PowerPack heads, balanced crank, Air conditioning, power steering & brakes, posi rear-end, the works!
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Very nice classic for sure.

It was in a 59 ElCamino that I first got drunk in, at the drive in.
    Jack Daniels and Rainer, the movie was a blur and so was my life until I decieded to quit drinking!
  8. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Sweet '59, Larry! One of my favorite color schemes, too!

One of my best friends has a thing for '59 Chevies. Last year, he sold an original vintage drag car, and one of his keepers is a blue Bel Air 2-door post with modern Corvette running gear and air suspension.
  9. indynotch50

indynotch50 New Member

My father got a 59 a few years ago. It's not done yet though. Most beautiful car I've seen. I will own one one day. It would be an amazing retro rod
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Does it get to park in a garage?
  11. Larry G

Larry G New Member

Pickenup, oh yeah, it most certainly get the garage spot after my wife's Saturn gets kicked out to the street. I bought this from a friend of mine some 5 years ago, his dad bought it new in Nov. of 59 from a dealership in Nebraska, drove it till 1963 then parked it in his garage. Since that time until I bought it, it made 2 trips per year, one to the local mechanic to have the oil changed and the other trip was in the 4th of July parade. So, when I got the car, it had a shade over 39,000 miles on it. It is a two tone gold/white, all original except for 'goodies' I added, high performance Corvette powerpack heads, the air conditioning, power steering (really HAD to have that, otherwise it steered a bit like a tank) and power brakes (ditto, also needed that). It is 19 feet 7 inches long, weighs a tad over 3700 pounds, and for a huge car, gets about 18 mpg for gas mileage. Since age eats rubber stuff, I completely replaced all body bumpers, seals, complete front-end steering and suspension rebuild, replaced the entire fuel system from tank to carb and got top of the line radial tires. Now I get to enjoy it! Larry
  12. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

13. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I would be happy to trade you one of my 45's and a rifle for that old car;)
    Larry that is one sharp ride, I am way to young to have ever seen on like that:D (hey what is a "Drive-In") but I would make the trade;)
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

VERY SWEET!!:)

one of these days i'm going to buy myself an old car to work on. i have no idea what yet & i can never make up my mind... so it may take me a while.:p
  15. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Beautiful car Larry.

Brought back memories of my white '60 Impala 2 dr hardtop.

It had red & white interior with a 4-speed & a 348 big block. Not real fast but had torque that could dig holes in the road with the positrack rear end. It sure would guzzle the gas tho cause my foot was always in the carbueratror

Still love the 59-60 body style. After those boats the '61's looked sick & puny.