My Chess Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Oct 5, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I know Jim. I had chessmaster 6000 when i was a kid. I played an honest game with the diagnostic computer setting to see my level. I was playing at 1175 the first game out of the box and started working my way up. Chess is all about anticipation and planning. I have a hard time planning more than 3 moves ahead at first. but once there are a few pieces off the table it gets easier to manipulate the game with your moves.

I aint played a good game of chess in a long time. Prolly 3 or 4 years.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Die scumb! That just ain't right! :eek: :D I would have to do the same thing! Can't play worth a dang! I know only one gambit, fools mate.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Back in the mid '70's I was just out of the AF, and working in a doughnut shop. Another employee there loved to play chess, and he was good. I could not beat him, not even come close! He knew of a chess tournament that was being held at the Boy Scout hut in Merced, CA, where we were working. He talked me into going, so I did. We were walking around looking at some very expensive sets, and boards. I found one that was just beautiful, and was admiring it. The owner stepped up, and offered to play me a game. Dumb as I was, I knew I was going to get my butt kicked, but I figured what the heck! I only know one gambit, and I opend with it, fools mate. It took this guy an hour to kick my butt, but he did it, and did it well. He was a rated player, and knew so much about chess that he didn't recognize the gambit I opend with. This guy beat me with almost nothing but pawns! I was embarrassed that I lost, but he was more embarrassed that I almost beat him with a beginners gambit!
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had not played it for about 20 years, but just started about two weeks ago.