My Dad broke his hip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greeker375, Mar 9, 2009.

1. greeker375

greeker375 New Member

Hi All

My Dad fell Saturday night and broke his hip. It turned out to be a triple fracture. Rescue took him to the wrong hospital, “wrong” being contrary to where his Medical Instructions notified the people at the facility where he lives to send him. When I got to the "wrong" I immediately put everyone on MY PAGE and got him transported to the right place, but, the bottom line was he was without pain med’s of any type for 5-6 hours.

By 6 am Sunday he was settled in and doing fine. I ran home got 3 quick hrs, showered and went back. I was exhausted as I had gotten up at 4 am Saturday and worked for my Lions Club from 7 am Sat to 7:30 pm Sat at which time I got "THE" call and had to go 60 miles to where he was from where I was.

This morning my sister and I spoke with a group of Dr's, made the decision to rplace the hip and about 10 am he underwent full hip replacement surgery and came out well. My biggest fear was being 93 yrs old, that he might not be able to take it. But, so far so good. I’m pooped and my legs are killing me, but, not complaining. It looks like he’ll be transported to a Rehab place in a few days and we’ll take it from there.

For now all the prayers and blessing have worked just fine and if anyone out there would care to send a few more, we'll take them as he really isn't out of the woods just yet.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Sorry to read about your Dads fall. It must have been distressing, especially at his age. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Mike, as I said on the other forum you know how to reach me if you need us. prayers sent
    Ron & Carla
  4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Lots of Prayers sent! And how about some hugs too!

Lori
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My prayers are with you. I went through the broken hip thing with my 93 year old Mother-in-law last month. I am sorry to say that she didn't survive two weeks after her surgery. I pray that your Father does better.
  6. Really sorry to hear of your dad's misfortune, Greek. I know I join all of us here on TFF in wishing him Godspeed and a quick recovery.
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Prayers sent from here.

A lot of these old timers are tougher than a bus station steak so hopefully he will heal up fast.
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Ditto, Shooter45. :) :)

Prayers offered up from here, Mike. May He wrap His healing arms around your Dad.
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Prayer sent Greeker375 !

mike
    gn
  10. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers.
  11. SARG

SARG Member

I'm a newbie around here but I can empathize with your situation. Take the time to "take care of yourself".
  12. greeker375

greeker375 New Member

Hey Guys

I can't tell you how comforting it is to just pour out your feelings to a fraternity of people who wish you nothing but good feelings and our Lords Blessings. That is what the gun fraternity is - FAMILY!

Let me say I appreciate all the prayers, good and kind suggestions and "Blatent Facts" regarding longevity - both long and short. Some might say spending all that money is a waste, but, we elieve in the dignity of man. No person should be told we are not going to TRY and make your quality of life better - regardless the fact that chances are you won't last 6-9 months. Our father has paid his dues and deserves what little dignity is left for him. We are under no illusions what the future holds, but, we will enjoy him as long as we have him!

Thank you all for your kindnesses and Prayers.
  13. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Hang in there Greeker! It sounds to me that you are handling everything as best possible. I wish a speedy recovery for your father and also for your self because times like this can be very hard on your well being also. Take care.
  14. durk

durk Active Member

Prayers sent.
  15. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Best wishes to you and your dad, getting through the recovery takes extra time at that age. I will say a prayer for all of you.