My Dog got killed today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan42, Oct 13, 2012.

1. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sorry to hear the sad news.
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Sorry to hear that Ryan dogs can be as close as a family member. I cried more when my dog died than when my dad died. Prayers out to you and your family that things get better real soon for you guys. Been going through some tough times myself lately and I just keep my head up. The lord will never give you more than you can handle. Hang in there man.
  3. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Ryan,
    So,So Sorry to hear that !!!.....

Denny G.
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Ryan, I am so sorry -

The hill above our house has a pond near the top, and trees around it; beautiful spot. It is there that I have buried the furry family members that have gone on.
    I keep that area mowed, and EVERY mowing I stop there, shut the mower off, and openly cry over them. From my first Doberman to my last Doberman, I miss each one so much.

One help is that I WILL see them again; of that I have no doubt whatsoever.
    That is a great consolation.

I can see them now -
    My Jedidiah is running full bore over endless hills of green grass -
    My Moses is laying on his back, sleeping in the sun -
    My issachar is waiting patiently to lie on my lap once more -
    My Lugar is standing on the upside of the gates to hell, HOPING a demon will try to escape so he can tear him apart.

And my Lucas, my last one. When he went, it severed my lat tie to Lugar, my first.
    I am unable to write of him - it just jurts too much
    They have all been gone for YEARS, and yet the keyboard is blurry right now -
  5. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

[​IMG]

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  6. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

So sad. It's my biggest fear that my little buddy will get out and get run over. I can't handle that because it's avoidable and my sis doesn't think about that.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Sorry for your loss Ryan! In the 20+ years we have lived here, on a short 5 mile long road, we have lost 4 dogs to the drivers on this road.
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My dogs wandered away on day when the wife didnt lock the gate. One came back in 3/4 hours. The other one was gone for almost 3 weeks.

My wife drove all around placing pix of him everywhere. About 3 weeks latter we got a call from the police the next town over that they had him. He was just wondering around in a park.

We still to this day don't know how he lasted 3 weeks with no food and water. You can leave the door or gate open all day now had he won't go by it. He doesn't like to go outside much anymore. He likes it inside by us and his food bowl.
  9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

So sorry to hear of your loss, Ryan.
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Absolutely no different than losing a family member. I am very sorry for your loss. I pray for things to improve.
  11. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Having become a first time dog owner at age 62, I understand what you and your family are going through.

DD is spot on as to how a pet, especially a dog becomes a family member.

WV Hillbilly's post is one of my favorites. "The Rainbow Bridge". Make sure that your son reads it.

Life is full of peaks and valleys. I think that this is your valley which means that your next peak is awaiting you and your family.
  12. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Man that sucks. Hope it works out for you. All wounds heal in time.
  13. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

So sorry to hear about that Ryan. Not only is my dog a family member he is the most loyal best friend you could ever have, my friends call him my kid. Seeing Im not married,and I have no kids, they're pretty much right. I dread the day I lose him.
  14. m77user

m77user Active Member

so sorry for your loss. we lost our little pomeranian to natural causes after 14 years with us. so very sorry yours had to suffer an accident. god has a special place for our friends with four legs.
  15. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

That is the truth, our pets especially dogs are so special loving creatures.

We lost our two years back, one one year and the other the next to age and sickness but it's never easy.

Our best to you Ryan.