My Dogs can READ! My Dogs can READ!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Nov 21, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I've had the dehydrator going every night since Sunday, since both my kids will be home for Thanksgiving, and since Dad got a deer this year that means JERKY again....

...so I have to make like 18 batches to insure that after they get done raping the supply I have at least a few pieces I can KEEP...:cool:

So I have been in a routine, each night putting a batch in the dehydrator, while getting packages out of the freezer to thaw...next morning before work, empty the dehydrator, and preparing a new batch to marinate all day until I put it in the dehydrator again at night....

LAST night I get out two more packs from the freezer to thaw (mixing some leftover from last year with new....), and I spot a package labeled "Dog Treats '06 Doe," so I think, HHhmmm..I'll get it out and boil it up for the dogs for Thanksgiving!

So on the kitchen counter, I put the two packs CLEARLY marked "Jerky" and the other pack on plates to thaw.....

This morning I wake up, go to check, and the two Jerky packs are there, nicely thawed, a little juice on the plates, but there is NO package of "Dog Treats..." ???????:confused:

SO after my wife gets out of the shower, I ask her, "Hon, did you move the package of Venison I had out for the dogs?":)

She gets a REAL funny look on her face, says it was funny, they BOTH wanted out really fast this morning, and then she found what looked like a venison wrapper, licked clean on the floor in the dining room, she was going to yell at me for not putting the lid on the garbage can!:eek:

Well, at least they got the RIGHT package of Raw Venison, and obviously shared it and DIDN'T fight over it...

But I just KNEW Black Lab- Aussie Shepherd mixes were SMART, but I didn't know they could READ!:cool:
  2. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dog is a one syllable word lol
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

my cat can run the can opener too
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

They understand spoken words, can read...in fact i'm convinced they have some psychic(sp)? ability as well...? :rolleyes:

mike
    gn
  5. noslolo

noslolo New Member

cool story, my dog will have to pick up the pace, because she will eat or drink anything that is left on the counter.
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Hmmm, I wonder..
    1-Can the Polish' Dogs read? :confused:
    2-Does Polish' dog treats taste better than his jerky? :D
    3-Did Polish' dogs just react to their canine instincts? ;)

At least Mrs. Polish didn't serve the dog treats for breakfast! :D:D
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

They deserve a treat for getting the right one.
    Oh wait, they already had it.

Nice story. :)