MY ELK HUNT - 12/06/03

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by TF118, Dec 8, 2003.

1. TF118

TF118 New Member

6 x 6 Elk, aprox. 950 lbs. rack measures over 50 inches long with a 48 inch spread, scores over 300 points.
    Shot at 106 yards / paces walking with 7mm Rem. mag, mounted in my Be Adaptive gun mount one shot thru the lungs.
    Mike
    :D :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  2. TF118

TF118 New Member

Pic #2:D :D

Attached Files:

3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

That's TERRIFIC, TF.

Where did you hunt?
  4. TF118

TF118 New Member

Elk Hunt in Vermont

If anyone is interested in an Elk hunt in Irasburg, Vermont contact myself at mgabor@kingcon.com or call Richard Nelson at 802 334-6867, Derby, Vt. I'll be getting more information to post regarding hunting at this place. They also have Fallow Deer, White Tail & Moose
    TF118 / GABBY

Attached Files:

5. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

I wanna' do dat too! ;)

Good going Gabby!!!
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

WTG, Gabby!!! [​IMG]
  7. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

That is a nice one there Gabby! Congrats!
  8. TF118

TF118 New Member

The kill

The Elk hunt was on a hunting preserve in Irasburg, Vermont , Saturday 12/6/03, and they set me up in a good spot and then went out to try to locate a good bull and try to push him out to me...it worked, kinda...the bull came out behind me and my hunting blind isn't really big when you have 2 people and equipment inside so doing a 180 with my gun mounted was an event in itself ...then I had no time to loose he was almost back out of sight and moving but I got him in my scope with perfect elevation and so while keeping him in my scope I pulled ahead and let him step into my cross hairs...sipped on my trigger sip switch and he stopped in his tracks and stood still for an instant, just long enough for me to say "WHAT THE F%@K", because I know my rifle and I knew I had taken a good shot...but he didn't fall !! I'm use to knocking my target down, one shot, one kill, but not him, my rifle is bolt action and I was saying "reload, reload !" because of being quadriplegic I can't operate the bolt...the bull quivered full body, then heaved deeply and began walking ..then he tried to run but his front legs buckled, he kept pushing his chest along, he got up, staggered a little and crashed into the edge of the wood line where pictured.
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Sounds like a good clean kill, Gabby. It's just that the bull didn't know it!