My fathers old Lugar Parts

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Bob51, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Bob51

Bob51 New Member

Hi Guys I am new to this forum. Thank you
    My father recently passed away and owned a 1917 Artillery Lugar took from a captured german in WW2. We cleaning out his boxes I found what seems to be old lugar parts. I am attaching photo. The bolt has an engraving I cannot make out like DWC the number 88 is stamped on the other pieces.
    Does anyone on the forum need these pieces and can anyone give me a fair evaluation of their description and value. The do not seem to be the same as the artillery lugar pieces. Any advice on what I should do with these pieces would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob51

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

:)Before you do anything, check and see if any of the numbers on the parts are the same as the last two digits of your Luger's serial number. If they are, do not get rid of them, they would be original parts and if so, should remain with the gun. The lack of original parts on a Luger can reduce the value 50 percent. BTW, no photo
  3. hrf

hrf Active Member

If you have digital photos on your PC, click on the Go Advanced tab below the reply screen, then under Additional Options click on the Manage Attachments tab, and browse to find and upload your photos.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The scroll trademark is that of Deutsche Waffen-und Munitionsfabriken, the famous "DWM".

Jim
  5. Bob51

Bob51 New Member

The artillery piece has the engraving ERFURT under a crown and the numbers all match with 28. The random pieces have the number 88 and the bolt has 88 and 100

Thanks Bob51
  6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Your assemblage of parts is worth in the neighborhood of $200 to $250 to the right person. They should be offered for sale on one of the Luger forums.
  7. Bob51

Bob51 New Member

Thank-you