The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My Favorite owned knives

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Crpdeth 
#1 ·
This is my M10 bayonet, fits my M4 and my Mossberg, my Colt Boot Knife and my partially serrated K-bar

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I got it, PS THANKS!

Rom, My current favorite combat knife is my Buck Nighthawk I bought about two years ago, but it's not what I would consider a perfect knife. I see now buck has come out with a slightly smaller version with a serrated blade which might even be better. Although I can't really see me skulking around with it in my teeth looking to dispatch sentries or anything:D , I do kinda like to have it along when I hunt or fish to hack at brush, clear poison ivy from the stand, cut a shooting lane through some limbs, or "just in case" whatever...:p Again, it's a case of maybe a $200 or 300 blade would make a BETTER combat knife, but my $45 Knighthawk still looks cool AND I'm not worried about hacking a limb with it...:p

My favorite hunting knife of all time I bought when I was 12 for $5.99 at a WT Grants. (Or maybe the Ames that went in when Grant's closed?)

It was a German Solingen Edge Brand (not Edge-Mark) stag handled "Original Buffalo Skinner" that gutted and skinned all of my deer, and many others, all of my small game...it wasn't the best EITHER for gutting with that curved skinning blade, but it skinned well, and touched up quickly with a stone...

But two years ago coming out of the woods I noticed my retainer strap on what was probably the 12th replacement sheath I had for it in the past 35 or so years had broken and the knife was GONE! I almost cried, and I always look down at the ground when I hunt there, but haven't found it yet....:eek: :(

The rest of that season I used a 4" Western drop blade that I bought in a package deal years ago, without a sheath, that believe it or not we had in the kitchen drawer as a utility/butcher knife...and wouldn't you know, it's BETTER at gutting anything with that drop point than the Old "Skinner" was, AND holds an edge better...

When I got my next deer I went and bought about the last Schrade "Original Skinner" Dick's had before Schrade went out of business, and I hate to admit it, that smaller skinner is BETTER at skinning and holds an edge longer than my old knife did...

SOooo...as much as I hate the fact I lost such a sentimental knife that hunted with me in 4 states, for 35 years, and helped butcher 15 or 20 deer, countless Rabbits and squirrels, and birds, I'm actually in BETTER shape with its replacement(s) for doing both jobs....a dedicated HUNTING knife and a SKINNING knife, not making one do both jobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.