My First .44 Magnum...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Smokin Guns, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I kind'a like it...Shot a box of 50 today (Winchester 240 grain Jacketed Soft Points). Shootin' at an ol' puter tower that puked...started at 12 yards... movin' back in 5 yard increments (adjusting the scope)...50 yds. was my final...Puter tower is not so good a'shape now...I'm a'thinkin i'm a'gunna hang on to this one...well fer awhile anyway!... ;)

Attached Files:

2. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Ferget the pikshure uv da pistola, we wanna see da pikshure uv da computer tower, ya liddle sheet!!!
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Nice revolver!! I've got a standard Redhawk myself. Those big bores are quite fun. Get you some big cast booletts and back on up to 100yds.
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Nice looking, Dale.

My first .44 mag was an older S&W 629 made either the first or second year of stainless, in first class condition. Before SoMo got me the 1911, I carried it religiously whenever I could. Love to shoot it, too.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2003
  5. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Nice looking gun there SG.....

I'll never forget the first and only time I fired a .44 Magnum.
    While shooting my Ruger SA .357 Mag at an indoor range, the guy in the booth next to me was shooting a S&W 629 that was knocking the shooting glasses off my head. So I asked him what the howitzer was, and he loaded 6 rounds into it, and handed it over to me. I fired the first round and the gun ended up over my head.....I fired the secound round, and couldn't feel my hands anymore...at that point I handed it back before I dropped it on the floor and shot my foot off.......

The .357 Magnum is plenty powerful enough for me.....
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Had to run out and get the Pic...a'fore this accursed "Daylight Savings Time" kicked in...who thought that sheet up?...Anyhoo!!!...Mr. HP is history!...and ta any of y'all who's sensitive 'bout huntin'...I do eat what i shoot...;)

Attached Files:

7. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

where's a pic of you chewin' on dat s.o.b.? LMAO!

I've had several 44 mags and a LAR Grizzly 45 Win. Mag too.

A 6" 29 S&W, 6" 629 S&W a 8 3/8" 629 and last but not least a S&W 29 5 1/2 Classic DL.

Fine weapons... luved em all ;)

Killed my 1st red fox with the 8 3/8 629. That was a rush!
  8. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Made a big mistake - I actually held a Ti 44 Mountain Gun over the weekend. That should really be a palm buster!!! Felt like it weighed about as much as the 6 rounds of ammo it held.

The bad thing was, it really fit good - hogue grips and all - and now I'm hooked!!!!! Stickered at $650......
  9. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Smoken Guns, you've got a beaut there in that scoped Redhawk.

You're nuts if you trade it off...thats a keeper...but I'm nuts to, never could keep a gun more than about 20 years then get the blasted itch to sell or trade...might be a firearms yeast infection.

This is the only .44 mag I presently own...back around 59 had a Ruger flat top in that caliber with a serial number under 1,000 and it was bought at Kleins in Chicargo where the Oswald Carcano rifle came from.

They went out of business shortly after kennedy was assasinated.

GG

Attached Files:

10. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

which colt is that? cobra, python, anaconda?
  11. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

The Colt revolver in .44 magnum only made in the Anaconda model, but many different barrel lengths.

I've even seen some subbys in it...about 3 or 4 inchers...and think it went up to long as 10 inches.

It is a really fine revolver and have told myself, self...you better hang onto this gun...unless you get a trading whack at some 3rd model .44 special like nearly NIB cherry condition.

I am died in the wool S&W addict of the older guns.

Gunguy :D
  12. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Now ju'alls is funny!!!...;)
  13. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Now Jim, you just send that little feller down here to Texas for a visit with his cousin Mr. Smith model 29 6" nickel. He is very lonely in my safe, except for his cousin Mr. Ruger. That boy deserves the best company a man can afford. When can I expect it? Please let me know as I have bought a good deal of WW296 for it to digest. Only feed em the best, ya know! I figure in about three months I can send him back fat and happy!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nice Colt, Jim!

SG, I have his little brother in 41 Mag. Love them Rugers!
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  14. VIPERGTSR01

VIPERGTSR01 New Member

thats a nice gun
    ive got one as well 44mag with a 9.5 inch barrel
    heres a pic

Attached Files:

15. VIPERGTSR01

VIPERGTSR01 New Member

that pic is abit dark
    here is a brighter one

Attached Files: