My first attempt at Customizing

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by rjgnwdc, Feb 18, 2012.

1. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

I got a Colt Combat Elite at Christmas its a great 1911of course its a real tack driver a pleasure to shoot 300 rds of various types of .45 mainly my 230 gr FMJ reloads bunch of JHP and SWC without a single jam the only complaint I had was it has a plastic mainspring housing and I just couldn't live with that so I disassembled it all the way down and while I had everything out I replaced the slide release with a Wilson Combat Extended Slide Release I also replaced the magazine catch with an Ed Brown Extended Checkered Mag Catch and the whole reason I tore it down in the first place the Ed Brown Arched Mainspring Housing check out this slide show link Below this pic
    [​IMG]
    http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x193/rjgnwdc/New Mods/?albumview=slideshow
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice gun.
  3. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

Good slide show, and nice work on your part. Did you end up with much fitting?
  4. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

Thanks, nope everything was drop in, I took it out shooting yesterday everything functions properly.
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I have one of those Wilson Extended Slide Stops too. Like it more than the standard one.