My first internet rip off

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/9/02 2:28:33 pm)
    My first internet rip off
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was high bidder on a auction for a single shot 22. The only thing that was supposed to be wrong with the gun was a missing rear sight ramp.

Just got back from my FFL guy. The bolt is stripped on the gun making it inoperable. Also it is rusty. I sent the seller a message and am waiting to hear back from him.

Is it customary for him to refund the selling price and shipping both ways or only shipping one way?

This clown better do the right thing

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 5/9/02 4:48:57 pm

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/9/02 3:51:05 pm)
    Reply Re: My first internet rip off
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey WP, IMHO ... you shouldn't be out anything, you should be made whole. But be thankful if you get your money back

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/9/02 3:59:47 pm)
    Yep! But if he does the right thing, change the feedback to make folks aware of what he did, and then made right. LTS
    T.F.F.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/9/02 4:28:57 pm)
    Re: My first internet rip off
    I have not left feedback yet. I am waiting on his reply. It is not a big $ amount only $40.00 for the rifle and then the shipping.

If I do not get an email from him soon I am going to call. I got his phone number from GB.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/9/02 5:16:11 pm)
    Nothing worse then a damn deadbeat!

Be sure that if you do have to post neg feedback
    that you also post it in our FB forum, the more
    info on deadbeats the better!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/14/02 5:01:29 am)
    He has said he will refund the selling price and the initial shipping and wants me to send the gun back. This is fair and what I wanted.

Should I have to pay for the shipping to send it back to him????

At first he said tough s**t the gun was sold as is. I replied to him and quoted his description from the auction and told him if he was selling the gun in good faith he would back up the description of the gun.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/14/02 2:20:19 pm)
    How much did you pay for the item?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/15/02 5:09:04 am)
    It was only $40.00 + $18.00 for shipping. Single shot .22.

I suppose I will have to eat the shipping for sending it back.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/15/02 7:38:10 am)
    Pig, that seems fair to me. I always refund shipping too, if the item is not as described. Though I have never had one returned. Paying to ship it back is just part of doing business, BUT!.....since this was a lemon to start with, he could have also paid for return shipping......this would earn him a star in my book. Time will tell, what was his feedback to start with??
    LTS
    T.F.F.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 5:28:21 am)
    27 A 2 D

www.gunbroker.com/auction...User=82591

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 11:26:54 pm)
    The shipping was only $9.00. That is cheap enough and I will not complain about the shipping. But when you add that $9.00 to the $10.00 FFL fee i am out $19.00 and that aggravates me.

He charged me $18 for the original shipping and it only cost him $9.00 as well.

He is supposed to be sending all my money back. I hope he does.

I learned a lesson on this one.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/17/02 8:17:30 am)
    what comes to mind is...

"if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

I can say my last 2 on-line buys, were much better than expected. Pistols, both received better than described

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/24/02 8:40:05 pm)
    He recieved the gun back a couple days ago. Hope he sends my money.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/24/02 10:39:20 pm)
    Keep us posted WP!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Ken GFA
    (5/24/02 10:53:18 pm)
    the way it looks all of his feedbacks are positive......i would ask for shipping both ways,,,,,,,,,if not....i say we give him 19.00 worth a negative feedback.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/25/02 11:19:09 am)
    He has two Ds in his feedbacks. I will leave him a good one if I get my money back. Still waiting.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (5/26/02 7:22:32 am)
    WP, I hope this works out for you.

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/26/02 8:55:05 am)
    wish you the best wp , but how many times have I told you "DON'T BUY FROM MICKMRM" ?????????

just kidding

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/26/02 9:27:51 am)
    LMAO
    Now that's funny GP, ol' Mick has'nt been mentioned in a long time.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/26/02 12:17:03 pm)
    I wonder what Mick is doing now? Maybe he changed his name.

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/26/02 1:24:38 pm)

Pleeze don't let any of those sleepin mange ridden dogs raise their heads at TFF!

Charlie D
    I'm not tense,
    just terribly,
    terribly alert!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/10/02 1:52:58 pm)
    Still no money yet. I fired off am email and left him no doubt about my feelings. I will wait for his reply. I don't want to slam him on the feedback and ruin any chance I have for getting my money.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/10/02 6:25:21 pm)
    Yo Pignatolli, I gotta bridge U can have reel cheep, no shippin charges but U gotta pick her upLocation downtown manhatthan east end of canal st. U cud prally barge her down river an up the coast to the St Lawrence River then thru the great lakes to the western end at which point I bsayin arevederci

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/10/02 9:57:22 pm)
    I would take ya up on that ib but every time I am in that part of the country I end up sitting in a bar in the Thousand Islands and swilling beer out of them green cans. Might not get no bridge buying done.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 6/11/02 3:37:33 pm

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/11/02 8:50:32 am)
    Bro I herd that!!! GEESSEE--ESS--SEE fur everbody!!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/24/02 6:43:53 pm)
    Well I finally got my money back. They did not pay me for the shipping but it was only a $8.00 loss. Guess I will stay clear of these guys and their bad business practices in the future.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (6/24/02 7:14:30 pm)
    I'd sen'em a tube of KY Jelly!

Glad you at least got your payment back!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/25/02 12:03:19 pm)
    Glad to hear it worked out for you, Piggie -

Usually those things turn a definate shade of brown when dealing with someone who doesn't describe accurately and for lesser amount articles.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2003