My first Sig.

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Just One Shot, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

Here is a limited edition Sig P226R (Gadsden), It's never been fired outside the factory and it's 1 of 1776 that was made to commemorate the tea party movement.

I've had my eye on this for some time and finally negotiated a price that both the seller and I could agree on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The funny look on the finish is from the oil the factory put on it before shipping.

So, what do you think?
  2. Boris

Boris Former Guest

How does it shoot?
  3. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

I don't know, I just got it today and havent made it to the range yet. :eek: It might be another week before I can find the time to put some rounds through it. :(
  4. Boris

Boris Former Guest

You are killin me!! I have yet to own a gun that did not get shot within 24 hours and rarely make more than a few hours lol.

Anyway I already know how it will shoot. I shot a P220 a week and a half ago and at 15 yards I put every round into the head of a reduced B27 target at 15 yards. They are typicaly boringly accurate and reliable.

Just let us know after you shoot it.

Thats a cool limited edition btw. Good snag!!
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't you wish every purchase you ever made were so boring? ;)
  6. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

Very nice! I would love to know the price...But also know better than to ask:eek:
  7. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

I'll put it this way, it was less expensive than going out and purchasing the standard P226R brand new.
    :D
  8. chrislind2

chrislind2 New Member

Looks like a keeper. It's a Sig, if it doesn't shoot well it's broken!
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I think it is junk, and you should send it to me as soon as possible. I'll even be so kind as to pay shipping. :D

All kidding aside, I think the 226 is one of the best 9mm out there, and that you will be happy with it. My wife has laid claim to mine. She likes it so much, that if I was to get rid of it, I better go with it.
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You have the title of the thread absolutely right. This is your FIRST Sig, because you are now addicted. They may cost more than other pistols, but they are worth it.
  11. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

I know, I'm already liking the looks of the P239. I keep telling myself that I have 2 Kahrs what's would be wrong with having 2 Sigs.
    :D
  12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Congrats on a fine looking weapon :)
    I have 2 Sigs, a 1911 Revolution TTT and a P239. The 1911 is probably the best shooter I have. I am now considering a P232.
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Only that the number is small. :D

To be fair, I don't have any SIGs anymore. I got rid of my only one to get my wife her handgun. :( They're a little big for my hands anyway, so I'm not tooooooooo sad that it's gone. But I still miss it from time to time.