My girlfriend wants a 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by detroit25, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My wife, who gave me a Springfield 1911 for a wedding gift, fell in love with my Browning 9mm Hi-Power Practical when she saw it. However she preferred .45 ACP calibre. I gave her a Springfield MicroCompact 1911 for our first anniversary !!!!! :) :)

I'd have to agree with the others. Hang on to this one and don't let her get away !!!!!! ;):cool:
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

My wife prefers the Browning Hi-power also, shes also been at me to get her a Kimber Compact in 9mm too, i have been trying to talk her into a beretta, mainly because i want one:D
  3. bloc

bloc New Member

My 64 year old wife (115 lbs) has a SIG P239 in 9mm. It's sleek, graceful and deadly accurate, the perfect carry gun for her. Plus, it's easy enough to shoot that she practices a lot with it (she got it 16 months ago, and she's put upwards of 7000 rounds through it).

I'm not sure I'd call it pretty, but to the extent that its form follows its function, it is beautiful indeed.
  4. MJ1

MJ1 New Member

How much do you like her?
    [​IMG]

HK P7 M8 is the best small package then the mid size Glock. If you go to small then they do become hard to handle.

..MJ..
  5. RevDerb

RevDerb Member

Why don't you go after a SIG P-6 at budsgunshop.com or one of the other online stores and dress it up for her? They're turn-in police guns from Germany and you can get some really awesome deals. Prices are ranging between $259 & $350.00 from what I've seen. Most of them have holster wear but haven't been shot a lot. mine is 27 yrs old but it is in awesome condition. They can also be found at gun shows. That's where I bought mine this spring. 9mm, semi-auto. Here's a link and an email address to a guy that can really dress it up for you: customizedcreationz.com guns@customizedcreationz.com

He does some awesome work. Just a suggestion. Here's mine below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not sexy but Todd can make it very very bootyful! :)

Good luck in what ever you decide to do. I wish my wife would agree to go to the range with me. God bless!
  6. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

Very nice looking gun for 27!! I dont know much about sigs but all I hear is great thing about them and she will love the price. It looks kinda small to me, how does it handle??
  7. detroit25

detroit25 New Member

Not enough for HK! haha. She doesnt like my HKs but they are 45's.
  8. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

The stoeger cougars work nice.
  9. 2000man

2000man New Member

Re: Detonics and Springfield Armory

Detonics had, in recent years, offered the Combatmaster in 9mm...

http://www.gunblast.com/WBell_DetonicsCM.htm

The company has re-grouped but some nines are probably with distributors?

"Sarah Connor's" gun is on the far right in the photo at this link!! (Well, same model.)

http://www.impactguns.com/store/detonics.html

"Google" Detonics and see all what's been going on.

Springfield Armory always has nice stuff. I'm partial to a Commander sized 1911 they've offered in the past in 9mm -- can't find a photo though. But, here's the full-size 1911 in 9mm.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=23

The EMP...

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/spemp_010807/

http://www.bigskyguns.com/1911_Pistols-Springfield_Enhanced_Micro_1911_EMP.html
  10. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

11. Cryptic

Cryptic New Member

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  12. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

13. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Very nice Lady Smith!

It would help us immensely in providing you with intelligent and informed suggestions if you would....

show us a picture of your girlfriend ;)

cb
  14. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Someone above mentioned the Smith M&P. I love mine, and they come with different size grip inserts to fit your girl's hands. I haven't been able to get mine to jam-it's very accurate, and everything I've read about 'em is positive. That pistol feels as comfortable in my hand as anything I've ever picked up !