1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My God! It's a....

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 3:53:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    My God! It's a....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mosin-Nagant! The turd truck just belched out a 1941-date Ishevsk arsenal 91/30 Type II rifle.

This was an auction transfer for a local guy. It's a SOG rifle (still has the hangtags). Maybe 10% finish, mainly gray. Several HUGE gouges in the wood. Mismatched bolt. Obvious force-matched floorplate. Front sight is bent backwards about 10 degrees. No cleaning rod. Bore is actually pretty fair.

I cant see it selling for much over $50.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 4:20:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My God! It's a....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My God! It's a....nuther Rooshun pry bar!

Coulda been worse. Coulda been a Spanish pot-metal pistol.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 9:16:42 pm)
    Jeez - the world is full of out of work comedians, and I am stuck with a board full of em'.

Thats fine, sophisticated hand crafted Spanish potmetal to youse guys!

Ya, go ahead and use the Mosin Nagant as a pry bar - I like to see Polishshooter get squimish.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 9:53:02 pm)
    Hee! Hee! Hee!

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 11:20:48 pm)
    That's MR. Spanish Pot metal to you guy.......
    Wyoming Swede

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 6:49:47 pm)
    Yeah, in that shape, it sounds like one of their typical "G" condition ones, he didn't pay much more than $40 for it pre-shipping.

But it DOES have character, how did it FEEL to have history in your hands, run your fingers through the gouge that may have happened at the Tractor Factory, or the Depatment Store in Stalingrad?

Betcha the darn thing would SHOOT too...

You can get $50 for them pretty easily like that, just cleaned up and test fired, but refinished, you MIGHT get $75...

And I love them...

Get yourself one AD, then order another and make it an Ishevsk 43 or 44, put them side by side and you'll spend an afternoon seeing the differences between pre-and wartime, and before you know it, you'll probably keep them both...and maybe get a Tula too, just to see if it was an ex-snayperskaya...

And VOILA! Another Mosin Collector...and your whole COLLECTION so far is under a C note...

(Then of course, you MIGHT get a pre-36 transition Hex reciever one, and you ALWAYS need more of THEM... ) May have to go as high as $200 to get the half dozen or so you'll need....
    A tiger never changes his spots.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 6:54:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My God! It's a....
    Oh, I plan to get a dozen or so for store inventory as well as a few SMLE's and Turks. Bread-and-butter stuff.

But in my personal gun safe??? ach...crkkl....aaacchc.. (sorry, choked on something).

heheheheh
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 9:39:49 pm)
    After enough vodka, they all look good!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 11:40:12 pm)
    I dunno, get one of the new matching ones with the matching bayo and you might change your mind...

And I have a couple all matching 44s, and some transition 91/30s that would be in a safe...

...if I had one...

As it is, my bedroom is decorated in a kind of early/late Belgian Czarist/Soviet/Finnish/Polish/Romanian/Chinese/Hungarian motif...

Good thing my wife doesn't mind sleeping in an arsenal...the wall racks DO look good, though.
    A tiger never changes his spots.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/26/02 9:21:06 am)
    Polish...I believe that decor is called "Prybar Chic"!

velvetnsteel
    (2/26/02 11:03:59 pm)
    Its best to have two of them pry bars. One to shoot and one to pry open the bolt after you shoot..........he he !!

Rich in Lincoln
    (2/27/02 1:48:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hail the Moisn!
    I'm with you polishshooter, I have a carbine that I threw into a plastic stock and left the sights alone. It's a Big-5 $49.99 rifle with a great finish. It happens to be one of the best shooters I have. I even leave on the bayonet as a conversation piece when I go pig hunting. Everyone makes fun of it until they see it shoot!
    My brother in law has a fancy A bolt that he gingerly hunts with and won't follow me threw the brush and rocks!
    I turned a Moisn into a scout rifle by chopping the barrel, altering the stock, and making a forward mount scope mount that I put a Pro Point type scope on. Very fast sight acquisition! It cost me less than $100 and made a great X-Mas present for my Nephew.
    YES IT"S A CROW BAR, but it's a no nonsense reliable tool that puts meat on the table!
    -Rich