My Gold Cup Project

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

tuckerd1
    (6/28/01 9:01:20 pm)
    Reply My Gold Cup Project
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I finally got my Gold Cup "enhanced" as Al Dichiari calls it. I took it to Al last Sat. and he fitted and installed a Kart NM barrel, NM bushing, beavertail grip safety, DLask magnesium/titanium trigger, light weight hammer, extended thumb safety and internal trigger parts.

I watched him perform his magic for about 7 hours on this pistol and 3 other 1911's (triggers) shooter45 and I carried over with us. Was real surprised how he stopped everything to take care of us. He said after we drove 250 miles there was no reason to wait.

Finally got to shoot it Tuesday. It is a little tight, still in break in stage, but it shot real good. I shot four targets 21 shots in each as I cleaned between each mag.

My groups were about 1 1/2" wide shooting about 20 yds offhand. I have a problem stacking my shots sometimes with these good ole eyes of mine, so I strung some groups as tall as 4", but the paper was completely gone in the bullseye and up to 2" above the bull.

I haven't shot it off a rest yet, but I feel very confident it will shoot less than 1" groups. You can tell the pistol is going to be a good shooter. This is my first custom and I am already proud of it.

Ready to decide on the next project. And I'll take it to Al no matter what type of gun I may decide upon.

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (6/29/01 11:57:09 am)
    Reply Re: My Gold Cup Project
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When do you want to go back Tuck. I've got a Mod. 15 S&W and I'm taking the Norinco .45 for more work. Time to plan another trip. Maybe this Fall ???

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 10:47:42 am)
    Okay Sam, Since I now own your Norinco and the custom 686, you do need to get the Mod 15 Smith ready to build! LOL! I just took your last project and your next project guns away from you!

A trip to Al's is in the making for Sept maybe. I want to have Al glassbed the Rem 541T and work the action and trigger over. It should shoot real sweet then.

That Mod 15 should make a real good project.

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (8/22/01 11:43:32 pm)
    Sept. sounds good to me.

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/31/01 7:35:09 am)
    Re: My Gold Cup Project
    Ok you 2 (Sam and Don), y'all making me wanna' start something myself. (like a need another project right now)
    I am ready for the cold weather tho... I have my garage rocked, my overhead door insulated and a new 60,000 btu heater. Well, at least I'll be able to spend more time out there, considering the low's Sat. is 47* YUK.

Zig

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (8/31/01 10:36:18 am)
    Zig, Projects always work better in a warm area. NOW, what kind of project do you have in mind ?????

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/31/01 4:49:07 pm)
    Yes! Ziggy, inquiring minds want' to know!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 8/31/01 5:54:01 pm

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/3/01 8:14:54 pm)
    Let 'er rip Ziggy! Tell us more.