1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My gut just did a flip when a read a Pm sent to me by someone here........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Mar 30, 2004.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Someone here Sent me a PM offering me a free holster if only i would give them my address.....

Now maybe I think different than the rest of Y'all, but I do have a serious side.....and right now I am completely stuck in the Serious mode.......

The first thing that came to my mind was that this person could be an FBI or ATF Agent trying to wiggle his way into getting information on me for whatever reason....I don't know. I don't remember saying anything in this forum that could even remotely be considered illegal.........nor do i do anything illegal either.....

Second possability that poped into my head was that it was some kind of Gay thing.......
    Hey, grown men to NOT give other grown men "presents".....well maybe michael jackson, but thats another story.....

The third scenerio, and I sincerely hope this to be the case, it was simple case of naivete (sp)? "naive" on his part that such offers are going to trip a persons heightened sense of suspicion.
    I hope it is this scenerio because i have enjoyed reading this persons posts.....It would be a shame if it were something other than ignorance......

After all, we do live in a country where the government has pulled such stunts as Waco...and Ruby Ridge.......

I have always suspected that Agents of our illustrious government "trolled" these boards in search of prey over the least of offence....whatever that might be.....

I've read about how the government mandates a watchbox on every server...so i know they are listening at least....

Maybe I'm just a paranoid nut, but I am really weirded out right now !!!!!!!!

mike
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

mike, If ya don't know 'em...pass! PM me who it was, and i'll tell ya what I think bout said PM'er...;)
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

PS....

I consider you guys to be my friends.....even though I have'nt been here all that long in comparison to some others.....

You all have been very nice to me considering my antics....

mike
  4. 10X

10X Guest

Has to be a "GAY THING" for sure!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

Believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear (or read on a web site).
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

GN, that PM should be sent to Shooter45. Please send this to him ASAP. He will get to the bottom of it.
  6. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

A dear friend of mine is a gunshop owner and caters alot to law enforcement. He had a good deal on Fobus GL2 paddle holsters for Glocks at $12.99/piece, so I bought one for my Glock 17 and figured since Glocknut is a fellow Glock enthusiast I would get on for him as well since he is also struggling right now as far as his prior threads on employment challenges right now.
    I figured I would get two for myself to have one as a backup or in case I ever got a Glock 19 also , it fits both.
    What I didn't count on was such a hostile reaction and a thread accusing me of being gay and an ATF agent. It gives me great pleasure to mentor young people in firearms education and occassionally I will give out Birchwood or exploding neon targets to youth at the ranges and also extend my generousity at NRA sponsored events. I do this because its fun and because when I was young others showed me great generousity.
    I can see Glocknuts hesitation in giving out his address since he doesn't know me from adam, but the hostile reaction was uncalled for in my opinion.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Remy, please don't take offense. Glocknut only mentioned the "gay thing" as one possible explanation. He wasn't accusing you of anything. And I think 10X's remark was made mostly in jest.

I'm sure your intentions are good, but Glocknut was just being cautious. There are a lot of kooks out there surfing the net, and you can't always tell who they are.

I've had "real life" exchanges with several of the folks on this board (I even married someone I met on this board ;) ), but each relationship was approached slowly and with great caution. Maybe you were just moving a little too quickly.

(And, BTW, I'll take a free holster any time you offer one. :D )
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Ok....here are a couple of things I want to make crystal clear.....

I believe the way I worded it was that the "Thought" of it being a gay thing....poped into my head.....
    That does not mean that I was making an accusation that that was the case for sure....

Second point
    When i read the offer that you "Rem597" made of the free holster, i sat there and read, and reread it several times...and every time i read it it just got worse and worse looking as the seconds ticked by.....
    At that point....I repeat "at that point"....I was convinced that you were some kind of person fishing for information that, I assume people normally don't ask for.....
    Heck, some people are'nt even willing to post their pics of themselvs on a public forum like this.....
    So, I fired off the response that I did.......

So, Mr ATF...blah blah blah..........

If you are not, I am truely sorry Remmy.....but I am just one paranoid son of a gun......

I've never said a whole lot about my beliefs here for fear of being branded a paranoid nut....

But I firmly believe that Our Government is Predatorial in nature.....I believe what it "our government" did to Randy Weavers wife and child........ and to the Branch Davidians was Murder.....plain and simple.......

Please understand this folks.....I love my country, but I don't trust our Government....not in the slightest....

I think that our local cops, some of which are my personal friends, as well as the state police...are good guys...most of them anyway...

But, I have a very strong opinion about the Federal Guys......
    In my opinon, they really are Jack Booted Thugs.......
    I feel that the ATF is a rogue organization that not even the president can control......

Another thing....this opinon has nothing to do with what we are doing in Iraq......
    I happen to think we are doing the right thing.....

In conclusion......right now I am completely weirded out right now.....

Maybe I'm too paranoid for my own good.....I don't know.......

mike
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  9. gipper

gipper New Member

A nice gesture Rem, I can understand both side, but maybe things could have been handled privately like, "why are you being so nice to me, do you have motives"
    We live in a day and age where people can't be nice without being questioned about having some sort of malicious intent. I'm still kind of new to the forum, but I already think you guys are good, kindhearted people that enjoy some good ol' gunfire.

Anyway, hope you guys can let things blow by, cant we all just get along? :)

just my 2 pennies
  10. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Anybody wanna give me a free holster? I'd like a IWB for a 1911, something in leather, not too flashy, but something that I can accessorize with my wardrobe, right hand draw........... :D
  11. misiu

misiu New Member

I'm with Gipper here: While I certainly understand Mike's caution I think than things got blown out of proportion and hopefully we can all be friends again. I truly think that if someone here has malicious intent it will eventually come out-you can't hide those kinds of feelings forever. I have left two other sites of this kind due to the amount of name calling, lack of respect for each other, etc. and the reason I so enjoy this site is because of the respect we show for each other- and I would hate to see that get eroded. I have come to think of many of you as friends and I hope to meet some of you soon-hopefully in May!!

All the best to each and every one of you!!:) :)
  12. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Something in a nice Sparks or Alessi would be nice.

I carry a Safari Arms Enforcer....

:D
  13. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

Wilson shark skin please

Gn ,lighten up a bit ,we are a different crew here ,people here do things a bit from your usual internet board ,we get together for bbq’s ,send each other stuff ,buy sell trade ,there has even been guns given for gifts {ffl of course} ,cointoss sent me a postal doll ,how did he get my address? , we send Christmas cards to each other

Now Remington I do not know ,he has not been here very long ,neither have you ,but these are the type of people we want to attract , the owner of novum gun blue came here and was a member for a bit ,he sent everyone that wanted one a gun blue kit free shipping ,the kits retail for 35.00 w/out shipping

How do you plan on selling your pen holders here ?, this would severely limit your ability to receive payment or put a return address on shipping them , I am a bit confused on why you posted this here ,when Remington has been on everyday for a while ,and would have seen it sooner or later ,and myself I am not homophobic ,and I am sure of my sexuality ,and can take a gay joke ,but other may not be able to , I really don’t think you meant it maliciously ,but next time a simple “no thanks” would be a bit more inline

Remington my apologies also
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yes, I think this was nothing more than a misunderstanding and should have been worked out on line. Our little family here often send things to each other. I have sent brass and bullets to several people here just to get them out of my stock and that they could enjoy. I havemade many great friends, some of which I have met and enjoyed an excellent friendship with. I believe you both will enjoy it now that you have started to experience the comeraderie of this great forum. I hope that you will both see that this can be fun and if you put your name on the Christmas list, you might get some cards too! Please look at this as a gathering of friends. Too many good people here having fun.
    Please relax and let us move on to bigger and better things. Thanks, guys!

P.S. Glocknut, this does not mean that I will like Glocks in the future.

Attached Files:

15. 10X

10X Guest

Don't sweat it Remington597, it was just a confirmed "paranoid moment."

???I SEE MY POST IS GONE, WAS MY CARTOON TOO RISQUE???

Thanks

Interesting, have a post deleted "just in case?"
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2004