My Henry Goldenby

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by the Barbarian, Jan 27, 2012.

1. the Barbarian

the Barbarian New Member

Got good enough weather to go shooting, took the GB out. I'm 60, leanin hard on 61 and the eyes ain't what they used to be. BUT my Bayonne NJ. made in America, Henry rifle just makes me smile:D I tried Aquila Match and Federal Premium Red and Black box and had, IMHO, good results. It's good to know there's an American product at a reasonable cost still out there! By American!
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i had one also,but the semi buckhorn sights werent good for my eyes.i still own a henry but its not the goldenboy.i agree with you on the made in america,i wish others would think more about that too. old semperfi
  3. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

i've shot alot of henry rifles. pure american quality. just never had the coin to buy one
  4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Should have tried a full buckhorn.
  5. cutter

cutter New Member

I have been wanting to buy a Golden Boy with the octagon bbl. Are they worth the price? I have looked at a lot of them and would like an honest opinion.

Thanks
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Not yeah but HELL YEAH! The action is slicker than snot on a porcelain doorknob and it's very accurate. No problems with mine at all. I wouldn't even think of trading it for anything else.
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Looks like I gotta drag out the camera again. :rolleyes:

I have a Henry H001T with the 20" octagon barrel.

I stripped off the paint and refinished it to my liking, added a loop lever, and put on a Marbles tang sight. :)

The heavier barrel actually balances quite nicely, and the tang sight increases the sight radius to about 28". :eek: Very easy on old eyes, with quick target acquisition.
    They are spendy tho. But ya get what ya pay for.

The loop lever, sights, and receiver refinish, make it look old school. :cool:

It's one of a kind, and it's mine. :D
  8. Freebore

Freebore New Member

I have the Golden Boy in 22 Mag....great balance, super smooth action, has yet to give me any problems. I purchased the cantilever scope mount from Henry and topped it off with a Simmons 22 Mag 3x-9x scope.....a groundhogs nightmare at a 100 -150......you'll love it.
  9. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I love my Henry Golden Boy .17.Buy American Keep America Working! Cliff:)
  10. Jackman

Jackman New Member

Made in Bayonne NJ Wow :eek: I want one based on that NJ manufacture point.
  11. azimuth

azimuth New Member

I bought a Brooklyn, NY built Golden Boy a little over 10 years ago and it has been a fine rifle. I've shot the heck out of it and taken it on several fishing trips and the finish has held up really well. It's smooth as silk and accurate to boot. Just keep in mind that you'll have to fight folks off in order to shoot it cause they all want to give it a try as soon as they see it.

They weren't making the H001T model back when I purchased my Golden Boy. I'm thinking I may need to add one to the pack before too long.:D

[​IMG]
  12. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Hey Hawg. slicker than snot on a porcalain doorknob is priceless, I will have to use that expression.BTW, your right about the slickness on the Henry.:) Cliff
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  13. pmwizard

pmwizard New Member

I also own an H001 that I bought used at Cabelas. Best used gun I bought. Shoots great everytime. Congrats on your purchase.
  14. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Glad you liked it.