My house gun

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Silver72, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

I'm really a .45 guy with all my collectibles but for a night stand gun I chose a M-15 S&W Combat MAsterpiece. I ran across it at a local gun store where my smith has a shop in the back, and I have bought a few guns through the years. He had three, two pretty worn and this one priced at $250 plus tax. I took it home for $230 OTD. It's like the one I bought in 1958 new, priced $68.50 at Ray's Hardware on Singleton Blvd. in Dallas, Texas. Always regretted selling that gun, as always.

[​IMG]
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My first service revolver, which we were allowed to buy in place of the usual issue S&W Model 10, was a Model 15 that originally cost me $57.50. (City's price and no tax since it was for duty use!)

It was a honey and shot well, true and straight. Was my carry gun for years until it was stolen during a break-in while we were at the lake one weekend. Made the mistake of having a gun cabinet with t glass front so they could be seen. I have always rued it's loss.

Your picture brought back several memories.
  3. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

Remember that smooth as glass action? I always thought Smith must have customized the actions on ever gun that left the factory. Someone bought this one and shot 1, or 2 times around and then laid it in the drawer. It has a very faint drag mark on the cylinder and is as tight and smooth as when it came out in public. I've been told the serial number reflects it's birth between 1966 and 1977. I have no S&W number reference. I've still got the knurled handled screw driver that came with the one I bought new in 1958.
  4. Neil

Neil New Member

Very nice.

My house/every where gun is a 38+p s&w 442. pretty small but I like it.
  5. Silver72

Silver72 New Member

I have an older 442 that is not +P rated, but it goes a lot of places with me anyway!

[​IMG]
  6. Neil

Neil New Member

very nice 1911 collection
  7. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

I don't have a .357, WAH!!!! That's pretty - I've been looking for a similar older smith myself, they are tough to find!!