The Firearms Forum banner

My humble 3 Screw collection

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  BETH 
#1 ·
I like anything to do with friearms. My favorite manufacterer of them is Ruger. What I like most are the old Ruger 3 screw's because they bring back memories of growing up around guns. This is my small colection of 3 screw revolvers. I shoot the .22's regularly (except for the one with the black grips)and every one of them are dead accurate.

The gun in the bottom pic was a .357 magnum that my father had purchased when I was maybe a 3rd grader. He took it to a LGS and had it converted to a 44spl. I hunted with this gun (carried as a 5 shot) when I was young and my father hid it away and I always believed he had sold it:(. Then, when I was around 30, he pulled it out and handed it to me to keep:). That is priceless.

The Ruger .22 that has the black grips belongs to my daughter (she picked them out and I have the originals, I don't shoot it because I am preserving it for her) and she grew up hunting with it (as 5 shot naturally). Today she is out on her own and has forgotten about it. One day, I will pull it out and give it to her.

These guns were made for some serious shooting!!! If you have any pic's I'de enjoy seeing them.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I am not a Ruger collector per-sey but I have four Ruger hand guns pictured and two rifles not pictured. One is a Number 1 in 25-06 liberty model with a piece of wood like I have never seen on any another Ruger and I have a 10-22 with a monte carlo stock and finger grove forend. I have the original grips for the 44 which is a 4 digit gun and the hawkeye is a 3 digit. The mark near the serial number on the 22 is something in the picture but not on the gun.

Ron

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.