My Jaw just dropped....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jan 16, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I'm sitting here on the computer reading a TFF thread with the tv running just feet away and something came on that i was not expecting... not from Tulsa, Oklahoma anyways....
    An advertisement for an atheist group. http://www.tulsaatheist.com/
    We are definitely in the end times Folks...

mike
    gn
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Interesting.

"What we are:
    The Tulsa Atheist Group is made up of average every day people; your co-workers, family, friends, neighbors, even open minded churchgoers."

I wonder why atheists would be churchgoers.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Because they are too ignorant to spell agnostic.

Atheism is a religoin to some people. Now that they are organizing, I wonder if they still want to do away with religous rights. Hmmmmmm

Pops
  4. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I am not sure this group even knows what they are. I do however know that on a day appointed by God all of humanity will give an account of the life they have lived as well as their acceptance or denial of his son Jesus Christ.
  5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Could have been a comercial for the Westborogh Baptist Church. They give athiest and agnostics a good name.
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

True That. :mad:

Art
  7. DontCryMrJefferson

DontCryMrJefferson New Member

What's wrong with atheists and agnostics again? Someone please tell me.

"Could have been a comercial for the Westborogh Baptist Church. They give athiest and agnostics a good name."

As far as I know the majority of atheists don't preach hatred and intolerance. (it's true, much of the time religion IS NOT a choice) So, really, they give almost everyone a good name--at least you don't support them...

I'm sure there are some that wish to do this but I've never heard of it. I have heard of Christians attempting to push their religion while denying the same to others, though. Who is really more likely to push for removal of religious freedom (other than theirs of course)?

So, you can believe any way you wish and act any way you wish to act--it is your right, of course. How can you wonder why some are intolerant when you seem to be intolerant yourself?

If you want to know why this pushes my buttons imagine being a Christian in Iran.

Because they tend to be open minded from my experience.

And, just something to think about:

If you were born in the middle east you would be a Muslim right now and would likely be saying the same thing against Christians that you say about atheists and agnostics. By the way, you guys are atheist and agnostic, too. Surely there are some gods you do not believe in and some things you don't claim to know. These labels are unnecessary. We don't call ourselves aSantaists just because we don't believe in Santa...

It's going to be difficult for me to keep my cool on this subject, but I promise I will. Nothing but civility from now on. Also, if you find something above that seemed a little rude could you please let me know so I can avoid the mistake in the future? Thanks.

EDIT

You see, religion is way too divisive. Let's just agree that we agree that the second amendment is vital and should not be minimalized for any reason whatsoever. I suppose what I'd really like to know is: If you were the president of a new US government and a law requiring someone to believe in god to be in office came through, would you sign it? What about increased taxation for atheists/agnostics? What about making Christianity the national religion? What about licensing of atheists/agnostics? Basically, would you deny anything whatsoever to atheists/agnostics or treat them any differently? Could you guys please answer these questions for me? I will answer any questions that you ask. Thanks in advance...
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  8. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Isn't April 1st, the main Holiday for Atheist's? :D
  9. DontCryMrJefferson

DontCryMrJefferson New Member

I don't know. Sounds like a joke to me.
  10. durk

durk Active Member

We???? You will have to speak for your self. Why you got to bring Santa into this?:rolleyes::D:D
  11. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Because a lot of atheists take pokes at Christianity on a regular basis....

mike
    gn
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Sad times indeed, Glocknut -
    I felt that way when I took my family to hear a debate between MM Ohare and the Bourbon Street Preacher back in the 70's.
    She was some kind of a figurehead for the American Atheists at that time, and seemed to do her best to drive the Christians out of the meeting hall by using language that most people would not want their kids to here.
    To a large degree she succeeded; a LOT of people with children there got up and left.
    When she picked up the Bible and threw it out in the aisle it got a bit of reaction as well.
    The preacher was VERY restrained in all of this, and continued to be very kind and sympathetic to her in spite of her ranting.

Of course she knows the truth now - - -
  13. guntech59

guntech59 New Member

And apparently it works the other way around, too.

How does your god judge people? Why should it matter what or how your believe? When you die and your god judges you...it should be your actions not your thoughts, that are judged.

I consider myself an agnostic. We have a "christian" at work that steals, lies, cheats and belittles people constantly and I have had "discussions" with him about his religion and how he reconciles his actions with his words. Several others in the shop have noted that I act more like a "christian" than he does.

I have never understood the whole religion thing (even though I was raised a catholic) and rarely discuss it (and politics) with most people.

Just my opinion.
  14. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Hey Mike.....

I'll guarntee ya, none of them morons ever been in a foxhole....:rolleyes:
  15. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't care to start a Holy War here -
    But God judges your THOUGHTS and INTENTIONS strictly out of fairness.
    If you INTEND to do evil but it turns out good against your will, that should not be to your credit.
    If you intend to do good and it backfires and ends up being bad, that should not be held against you.

God sees our thoughts and our hearts -
    And when you mess things up accidentally, that seems like a real good thing.

I once had a frightening nightmare in which I was hiking out through the timber, and heard screams ahead. I ran up closer, and saw a woman being stabbed to death by a man with a large knife. I drew my .44 from my holster and blew the guy away.
    Then there is movement in the surrounding brush and trees, and I then see the entire technical crew of the movie they are shooting - and I just killed an actor.

Are you SURE you want to be judged by your actions and not by your intents?