1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My Latest New Toy

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gandog56, Sep 19, 2012.

1. gandog56

gandog56 Member

It's a Dan Wesson 15-2VH .357 mag pistol pack. It comes with a 2.5", 4", 6", and 8" barrels. I'm still trying to figure out what the wood thingie below the tool is. It's darker than the spare grip. It also has no flange, shelf, whatever you want to call it to catch on a screw head, so it does not go on the bottom of the spare grip.:confused:

[​IMG]
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

That's one nice package there GD ! Did you shoot that target or was it the test target?
  3. Munch

Munch Member

Thats a beautiful set-up, congratulations. Hope you enjoy it often!
  4. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Came in the case, don't know who it's from. But hoping that the 8" barrel will do even better!
  5. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

It looks like it may have been removed from the grip at sometime or might be a extension. I have seen about a dozen of these sets but never seen that part in any of them.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

7. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Congrats. I have never seen one so complete!!!
  8. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I do believe I got me a keeper here! 24 feet using 125 grain PMC JHP, and the 8" barrel. (I didn't remember to bring a allen wrench to fix the windage and elevation, but had to see how it grouped.)

[​IMG]
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

looks like she's a keeper!

I really like the looks of the grip that's attached in the photo, looks beautiful.
  10. gandog56

gandog56 Member

Unfortunately the zebrawood grips are too big for my hand. Just put some Hogue rubber grips on it.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have the same setup but I am missing the belt buckle and the little spacer gauge. I have about 4 different grips with mine. I do not know what that thing is either, my set has nothing like that.

As far as you not bringing an Allen wrench with you, if I am not mistaken, the tool should have all the Allen heads that you need for everything. Mine is not handy right now so I can't test that theory for you!!:eek:
  12. gandog56

gandog56 Member

The tool fits the Allen holding the front sight in, but not for adjusting the sights. And I just got a green fiber optic front sight for the 8" barrel, and guess which barrel has the only stripped out Allen screw?

And I have the mechanical aptitude of a rotten orange, and no tools to get the screw out. Guess a visit to my gunsmith is coming up.
  13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

Check out this guys grips if you wants some nice wood grips but I also use the hogue soft rubber grips on mine too. http://lbcustomgrips.com/
  14. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

15. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Real nice! Could that piece of wood be a part of the extra grip that was cut off before the extra grip was stripped and refinished to a natural color??