The Firearms Forum banner

My Latest New Toy

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  gandog56 
#1 ·
It's a Dan Wesson 15-2VH .357 mag pistol pack. It comes with a 2.5", 4", 6", and 8" barrels. I'm still trying to figure out what the wood thingie below the tool is. It's darker than the spare grip. It also has no flange, shelf, whatever you want to call it to catch on a screw head, so it does not go on the bottom of the spare grip.:confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
That's one nice package there GD ! Did you shoot that target or was it the test target?

#3 ·
Thats a beautiful set-up, congratulations. Hope you enjoy it often!

#5 ·
I'm still trying to figure out what the wood thingie below the tool is. It's darker than the spare grip. It also has no flange, shelf, whatever you want to call it to catch on a screw head, so it does not go on the bottom of the spare grip.:confused:
It looks like it may have been removed from the grip at sometime or might be a extension. I have seen about a dozen of these sets but never seen that part in any of them.

#11 ·
I have the same setup but I am missing the belt buckle and the little spacer gauge. I have about 4 different grips with mine. I do not know what that thing is either, my set has nothing like that.

As far as you not bringing an Allen wrench with you, if I am not mistaken, the tool should have all the Allen heads that you need for everything. Mine is not handy right now so I can't test that theory for you!!:eek:

#12 ·
The tool fits the Allen holding the front sight in, but not for adjusting the sights. And I just got a green fiber optic front sight for the 8" barrel, and guess which barrel has the only stripped out Allen screw?

And I have the mechanical aptitude of a rotten orange, and no tools to get the screw out. Guess a visit to my gunsmith is coming up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.