My Latest "rimfire" acquisition

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by busykngt, Jul 30, 2011.

1. busykngt

busykngt Member

Beretta Bobcat, Model 21A, .22LR

http://imageshack.us/g/89/berettabobcat.jpg/

Came with one OEM factory magazine. I order a few more Beretta name brand clips. Kind of got a kick out of the magazine packaging, it says, "Beretta.... Since 1526." They been making firearms a darn long time! :bow:
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think those are great little pistols along with the Taurus copy. When my father no longer had the hand strength to work the slide on other semi auto I got him one of these and he loved it. My friends wife now has claimed it as her gun. She also likes the tip up barrel eliminating the need to work the slide.

Like your Glock too :D
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Great little shooters they are. You will enjoy it everyone I know that has one loves it.
  4. busykngt

busykngt Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I bought this gun basically after my wife 'fell in love' with it. I've been trying to get her to join me in shooting and while she expressed a passing interest, she never liked the recoil that my guns had. So when she found the Beretta with virtually no recoil & I found the ammo pricing (let's face it, ya can't get any cheaper than .22LR), it was a match made in heaven. I mainly see it {hopefully} as a stepping stone to entice her to eventually get her CCL - but of course, here in Tejas, they require a minimum of a .32-cal pistol for that. Even so, I'm thinking it's a pretty inexpensive way to have fun shooting. [Well....inexpensive until she decided it needed a Laser too!:eek:]. So I added a photo to the above album that now shows a CT LG-490 I put on it (at least CT had a $50 rebate this year to take advantage of).
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Very under rated pistol. I would carry it daily here in Florida with no worries. We have no caliber restrictions for carry.
  6. busykngt

busykngt Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the Texas state law can control what you can carry - it doesn't. The .32-cal is the minimum in order to take the concealed carry license test. Once you have the license, you can carry what you want.
    And without getting into that age old debate about caliber size and lethality, lets just say I'll be teaching her to fire two well placed shots in quick succession as a matter of normal firing technique with the little Beretta.
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

GOTCHA- I didn't have to any of the tests since I was former military.:)
  8. popgun

popgun New Member

never used to recomend the .22 for SD until I saw how many of these tiny .380's were getting back from ladies who can't shoot them.
  9. busykngt

busykngt Member

Popgun - are you saying that's due to the ladies not liking the recoil from the small .380s? I had my wife shoot my old Sterling 400 (.380) and she didn't really mind the recoil too much - but then I opened mouth and inserted foot by mentioning, "there were guns that had even less recoil" and boy(!) that got her attention. So then, I begin to think that maybe a .22 wouldn't be such a bad way for her to start out. What is it with women and recoil?? (I see plenty of true female marksmen out there and the recoil doesn't seem to bother them...or maybe they've just adjusted to it?). Plus, I can't help but believe these really small pistols in .380 or 9mm have got to make the recoil experience not so appealling for a wife or girlfriend just starting out.