My latest Springfield 03

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 3:19:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    My latest Springfield 03
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trying to play with pictures - and while I'll never manage the photos ThePitBullofLove does at least I'm having fun.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 8:54:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My latest Springfield 03
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thet un thar looks like itz been thru World War 1, World War II, and some'a the hills in Korea MisssyT. Looks like ya got a bit'o work ahead'a yerself to get'er back into shape.

But we noze yer up to the task an lookin forward to follerin yore progress with it.

Best to ya

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 9:00:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My latest Springfield 03
    Yeah it does sort of. But truly it's in better shape than it looks. Very few dings and dents in the stock itself - just needs a little more TLC.

Unfortunately it has a long way to go to match the Remington 03A3

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 1/19/03 9:08:06 pm

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/20/03 11:24:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My latest Springfield 03
    Hell, any little dings, dents, and wear are just "patina" on a military weapon. It gives 'em character.

Nice find, "T"......but leave some for the rest of us, huh?

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 11:30:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Nice 03
    Nice looking 03 TLynn,I am still trying to find my first one.I am going to shoot in a match in April then I will qualify for the CMP program.I don't know what kind of condition the CMP'S are in but I think I will give them a try.You have a 03 to be proud of,and try to add to you collection. Benny

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/20/03 3:41:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Nice 03
    Benny, this is my second 03. The first is sporterized but I now have all the parts and pieces (including one gorgeous stock) to put it back to close to original (it'll never truly be original because of the holes drilled in the receiver (side) for a scope mount).

Good luck on the CMP deal. From what I've seen online most have gotten pretty dang good ones - outside of having to clean a bucketload of cosmoline out of them.

armedandsafe
    (1/20/03 4:23:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Nice 03
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

Near Sighted Sniper
    (1/21/03 12:14:48 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hey TLynn
    Are you the same TLynn from assaultweb??
    I just put my 1st 03A3 on lawaway,it's a National Ordnance for $299 but it's missing the original handguard,currently there's a plastic one on it.Where do I get an original to replace it.Also,compared to other companies is NatOrd good,bad,ugly??Thanks,BTW this was my 1st post here.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 12:28:15 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Hey TLynn
    Good evening Near Sighted Sniper and yes that's me on AssaultWeb.

You've got an 03A3? Click on my name and send me a pm - I've got a handguard you can have for it - came with my 03 stock a friend found and got for me and I've since found a handguard for it.

Your more than welcome to 03A3 handguard.

Don't know anything about Nat'l Ordinance I'm afraid - but hopefully it'll turn out to be a good gun.

Tried to send you a pm but you have that disabled.

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 1/21/03 12:29:47 am

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 6:54:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hey!
    "T" your outa control girl!...and your even showin off ZigZag's gunvise...National Ordinance rebuilt many rifles...for $299.00 ya did o.k.,...how does it shoot?...

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 8:59:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hey!
    Smokin - the Nat'l Ordinance is the 03 that Near Sighted Sniper put on layaway.

All I own are Springfields (in the '03's) and a Remington 03A3. The Springfield in the picture I have not yet had the pleasure to shoot but since I know the person I bought it from I can pretty much say if he says it shoots good then it does.

However, I've yet to meet a 03 or 03A3 that I don't think shoots like a dream - just wish I could afford them all.

And who you saying is out of control here? At least for a change I'm picking a gun that I can buy ammo for!
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.wunderground.com/US/ID/Boise.html&quot;&gt;<br> &lt;img src=&quot;http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/language/www/US/ID/Boise.gif&quot;<br> alt=&quot;Click for Boise, Idaho Forecast&quot; height=40 width=467&gt;&lt;/a&gt;<br>

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/21/03 10:29:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Hey!
    I did not even notice Zigs guns vise. Mine looks like it has has a couple gallons of dirty oil dumped on it.

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Near Sighted Sniper
    (1/22/03 12:01:52 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks TLynn
    TLynn I shot you back a PM.

I'll probably get the 03 out next week,but cant say when I'll get to shoot it.I do have a good feeling about it though.