my little reloading outfit

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ryan42, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Well, looking at these has me convinced that I need to go tidy mine up and then get some pictures of it.

I'll be back... sometime. :D
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Looking good, Ryan. You'll be producing good rounds from that outfit. Thanks for the pictures.
  3. CampingJosh

Well, I started putting my reloading room together just about a year ago now. I think I have done well so far, but of course there is always room for improvement.

South Wall.JPG

Southeast Corner.JPG

Northeast Corner.JPG

Northwest Corner.JPG
  4. BlackEagle

Those are awesom, Josh and JLA (he says turning green and drooling with envy). Meantime Ryan and I will just have to make do with our own little corners. ;)
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Looks good CJ. I like that little building. i need to get me one set up for all my bigger tools...

Bandsaw, drillpresses, drum sander, mini lathe, both air compressors and a mill.
  6. BlackEagle

Just a little shed...would this be large enough?

canaveral.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

thats would do for my gun room.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

CJ, very nice. It will surely do as a mancave.
  9. CampingJosh

My little building is an old bathhouse here at the campgrounds. It was condemned in 1990 (the state didn't like our sewer system) and sat as a storage building for 21 years. About a year ago now, I started digging through it looking for some stall dividers that I could see in the back. By the time I got enough stuff out of the way, I found all the dividers were rusty and splitting. :( Took basically the entire contents of the building to a scrap yard.

So then I had an empty building that we can't allow guests to go into... so I claimed it. The old shower room (which you can't see in the pictures) is storage for our two mopeds , out-of-season clothing, etc. Basically is serves as our garage.

You can actually still see the toilet flanges set in the concrete in the first picture I posted. Filled them with crushed lime until about an inch from the top, then spray foam. No smell at all (and it doesn't hurt that nothing has gone down those drains for over 20 years).

I've spent enough time getting that place set up just so that I haven't done nearly as much loading as I would like. But I still have a bit of factory ammo from before I got the equipment, so it's not critical yet. And I think I'm done moving stuff for a while... so I'll get to loading more here shortly.
  10. jce07a

jce07a New Member

this is what ive got so far. i just finished this past weekend. im open to suggestions as to what i should get to fill the emptiness because im clueless.

Attached Files:

11. CampingJosh

That's a fine base you're starting with.

Don't fill it intentionally just because it feels empty; it'll fill up on its own before you know it.
    And start saving your peanut butter jars. They're the handiest little container ever made.
  12. jce07a

jce07a New Member

good advice, i wouldnt have thought of that. ive got some 5 gallon water jugs like from a water cooler that im cuttin the tops off of and filling with brass