1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My longest shot.

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

Can’t hunt deer with a rifle in Ohio; don’t even own one and I have yet had the occasion to hunt with a rifle elsewhere so this is shot gun, muzzleloader and bow distances:

120 yards on a deer with my Mossberg 500 rifled barrel shotgun with a Remington 2 ¾” sabot slug and a tasco scope in an open field. I was on one end of the field and the deer was sneaking across the back end of the other. Aimed a bit above the deer and hit it just below the spine and it dropped and died on the spot.

200 yards on a deer with my CVA .50 caliber muzzloader loaded with 110 grains of powder and a .50 caliber 250 grain SST/ML hornady bullet and tasco scope. In wooded setting and I aimed and hit just behind the shoulder. Deer went 30 yards and dropped.

55 yards with my PSE compound bow on a deer in an open field set. Carbon arrow with 100 grain broad head and bow set @ 63lbs. Hit it in the sweet spot and deer ran 40 yards and dropped just inside the wood line of the field.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

300 yds with my 7 mag, that zombie target never knew what hit it.
  3. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I'm in Michigan and my farthest shot has been 150 yards. That's actually far in mi!
  4. myfriendis410

myfriendis410 Member

I got a 'yote at (guesstimated) 650 yards. Took four shots to walk it in but the final hold over was 4 ft. with a 7mm r.m. I was so far away he just kind of milled around wondering wtf?

I killed a nice blacktail 3 X 4 at 326 yards with my .300 win mag and a 130 gr. TTSX handload. BOY, did that make a mess out of him. From the entry to the exit his insides were pudding. He still ran about 80 yards before collapsing.

Numerous ground squirrels out to 400 yards or better.

One hog through the neck, running to beat hell, at 375 yards. THAT was a lucky shot. I led him about 30 feet as he was tearing down the hill to the thick stuff. He was DRT.
  5. hunte567

hunte567 New Member