My Mauser's here!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Pistolenschutze, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Well, the nice man from UPS put it into my hands today, my Mauser 48 from Mitchell's! :D Folks, I gotta tell you, this rifle is so sharp and clean even my drill sergeant in BIT would have broken a smile, and he NEVER smiled. I cannot find a single ding or mark of any kind on the rifle, and the bluing is top notch, even though I bought the "Collector Grade" rifle instead of the premium grade one. The bore looks like it came off the assembly line yesterday; the barrel sparkles and the lands and groves seem so perfect it looks as if the weapon has never been fired. Mitchell's is indeed expensive, but you get what you pay for, I guess. Here's a picture as it came out of the box:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  2. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

WOW!
    Nice one PS!

So, What's expensive??

Waiting for his C&R,
    The Daddy
  3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Not bad at all, for a MAUSER, I guess.

When is the REAL Battle Rifle due? And the Swiss?:cool:
  4. Polish, dissing Mausers is a sin right up there with thinking about rifle mounts in church! In German parishes, he's considered a saint. :cool: At the rate you're going, it will take you your whole vacation just to catch up on all the Hail Marys and Our Fathers! :eek: ;)

The Mosin and the K-31 are supposed to be here early next week, along with milsurp ammo for both. I ordered up an ATI stock and an S&K scope mount for the MN, but I'm going to leave the K-31 military except for the removable S&K scope mount. I may refinish the stock though, just to make it look nicer.
  5. Daddy, it set me back $299, but I think it was worth it. That rifle is absoultely PRISTINE! :D
  6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

PS, you should own at least three K31s.

That's why they have the stacking rods near the muzzle.
  7. John, that's what I keep telling my wife. :D So far, she isn't listening too well, a condition I call "selective hearing disfunction." Seriously, if this K-31 is what I suspect it will be, I will likely buy at least one more before they become scarce.
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

She's a beaut, for sure!
  9. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Good lookin gun, I wanna hear a range report.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  10. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

sweet looking mauser!!
  11. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Mitchell's has some very nice product. It's getting dificult to find bring-backs in that kind of shape for any sane ammount of money. Mausers are still the most built up hobby guns in existance. The 98 can't be beat for variants or quality for projects; but some of us have to have one that is natural.
  12. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I don't know, PS, while that looks DEFINITELY worth three bills, I DON'T think I'd think about altering THAT one at all!

I think I'd put THAT one away and shoot it OCCASIONALLY, but leave it stock, and buy a "hand-select" "VG-Ex" M48 from AIM or SOG for like $99 and modify the CHEAP one...and shoot the HECK out of it TOO!

But then again I'm Polish (sometimes synonymous with "cheap...")

And just to warn you PS, I know a LOT of "Mauser guys" who at FIRST dis the Mosin, because it's so darn CRUDE, and SIMPLE compared to the Mauser, and the BOLT on the Mauser works like BUTTER compared to the Russky one...and the mauser two-stage trigger (at FIRST) feels SO much better... :cool:

BUT just keep saying to yourself "THIS one won wars, THIS one never did....THIS one won wars, THIS one never did..." :D And pretty soon SIMPLICITY takes on a BEAUTY all it's OWN!!!

THEN dissassemble each BOLT...and you will UNDERSTAND why the Mauser is a better "sporting" rifle, and why the Mosin is a better "battle" one....
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  13. Actually, Polish, I bought a new Huber trigger for the Mauser. I HATE two stage military triggers. By the way, the S&K scope mounts came today also. I'll let you know how they work out, especially for the Mosin.