The Firearms Forum banner

My MKII Project

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  pawn 
#1 ·
Got inspired by watching videos of Ruger Rimfire Challange Matches. Thought I would have to get a new MKIII but got lucky and found this almost pristine MKII
For$175.

Next Step was to install a Weigand base that allowed me to avoid drilling and tapping.

Then I installed a Bushnell Trophy Red/Green dot Sight

The final step was some bling, Rosewood grips with bfinger grooves and thumb rest.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
JLA, Hope to get to the range Tue.

3/2 STA SS, Yes, in fact, I just discovered the MK III has more choices available and they fit the MK II also. They offer regular panels and more variety of the Ultima. Also bonded ivory panels. Here's the link:
http://handgungrips.com/MKIII_=_Ruger/1915/c

fuzebox, They may look better, might look at the Walnut or, better yet, maybe the black and silver version would contrast with the stainless for some real "bling":cool: Lots of choices at the link above:confused:

A word of warning; Unless you have a padded vice and a set of punches have a smith install the Weigand base. Mine required quite a bit of muscel to remove the sight and some fitting of the base.
Plus a set screw had it's head stripped and had to be drilled out and rethreaded. What my smith and I considered an hour job at the most turned into a four or five hour task. Thankfully he was kind to me.

#9 ·
It looks great. Did you change or work any of the internals ? Barrel crown ??
No, we took the Ruger out and fired it as it came last week and it was as accurate as possible. I got lucky and would rate the gun 98% only flaw is a little blung rubbed off at the edge of the barrel end. We'll test the trigger a little more closely tomorrow. Never used a Red Dot before so I'm hoping it helps my aging eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.