My mom says I'm nuts....lol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rommelvon, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Ok, so I usually reserve every other sunday for cleaning my weapons, making sure no rust or any corrosion has attacked my toys, living close to the ocean things rust fast here, so my mom stops in earlier today and brings me a home cooked lunch (love my mom) and there I sat on my living room floor, surround by various weapons,cleaning patches, gun oil and other cleaning supplies...my guns are all spread out and I have the stereo on, cleanng away...well, this is the 3rd time she has come over and found me in such a state....so she ask's me.......why are you always cleaning all your gun's if you haven;t shot them?...I reply......"well, heck mom....gotta keep em in tip top working order in case of a zombie attack....and I said this with a serious look on my face.....lol...I honestly think she was considering getting me a rubber room........good ole mom.....:D
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D :p your poor mom!:D
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

She should KNOW, by now. :D

Pops
  4. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Ha, I get that same reaction when mom comes down in the basement.

I store most of my weapons at my parents' place as it's closer to my preferred hunting grounds, so she always comes down to the laundry room on Sundays to find me cleaning boom-sticks and sharpening edges.

Just to mess with her I've started doing it in full combat fatigues with "Ride of the Valkyries" playing, sitting in the middle of the floor on my helmet or an ammo can.

She always knew her son was "special" now she just thinks I'm WEIRD. :D

Dad playing along helps a lot too, he usually salutes as he walks by. THAT really confuses mom. :p ;)
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Hey Rommel check you private messages :D :D :D
  6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Rom, you're a lucky, strange, man! :D My kind of friend. :)

My wife finds it weird that on any given Friday night, the Neighbor Men are in our garage, while I'm reloading. :eek: She calls it "Bonding w/ Bullets"

Rom, got a dehumidifier in your safe?
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

8. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Sure do, I use the dri rod. I also put the little silicon packets in the bottom of my safe, just in case