my new 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by EVERETT, Jul 29, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thank you sir.. I built it last year, fit a .460 rowland conversion to it, lovingly dubbed it the 'Hogslayer'. Shot it off and on for a year, never really was fully satisfied with it.. Then a few weeks ago I was digging thru my parts boxes and found a brand new Wilson Match barrel I forgot I had. So I ordered a Briley spherical bushing and fit the barrel to the bushing, frame and slide. Now its lovingly known as the 'Green Machine' and Im 100% satisfied with it. Shoots one holers benched and handles like a .45 caliber cadillac..;)

I ordered the punisher grips from Duragrips.com, the guys name is Brian, and hes a real pleasure to do business with..
  2. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

460 huh some kind of custom round ? i never heard of it , then again the 1911's didnt catch my eye till i held one it was like a beam of light shot down onto me from above thats when i knew id have it lol :D so u say a hogslayer ? did u build it custom to hunt hogs ? me an my father have been talken about goin hog hunting with my 3006 an my sks in crawford wi , i dunno if i would bring the 1911 or if it would even be worth it
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.460_Rowland

Here ya go. It's purpose is to achieve .44 Magnum power in a 1911.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yessuh. The .460 rowland has the same relationship to the .45ACP as the 10mm auto has to the .40s&w. It is a powerhouse of a round.

And the 1911 .45ACP is quite capable of killing feral pigs.
  5. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

Nice iron. My suggestion, xcept for grips, leave it stock til you get it wrung out. Range report once you get out!
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Excellent advice PHP.

Wring er out real good and once you master the weapon, then start customizing it. Its best to get a feel for what would improve the weapon for YOU, and the only way to do it is by shooting about 1000 meaningful rounds at the range.
  7. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

wow sounds like the 460 is pretty nice , but requires a lil bit of work cool thou , an yeah im gonna just change the grips soon as i get around to it an maybe a 10rnd mag would be cool to play with at the range , when i do get to the range ill probly run a 100 rnds thru it an get a good feel to it an as soon as i do ill give u guys the report on it
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Dont forget to break her down and clean her up before the first range visit. Most guns are Ok to be shot right out of the box but in my mind its best to clean and relube before runnin er thru the wringer..
  9. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

thanks jla but im way ahead of ya on that as soon as i pickt it up after the longest 2 days of my life ,lol, got it back home an stript it down cleaned an oiled it good ,mags also oiled
  10. Infidel

Infidel New Member

Everett,

If you are new to the 1911, congrats and welcome to the family. Keep in mind that the 1911 is a shooters gun and requires attention and practice. Shoot it a lot!! It can take it. It just warms my heart when someone joins the club.

Thanks for not buying a gl:bleh:ck. :D:D
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ill agree with that.. IMO, if youve never fired a 1911, you are missing out on what a real handgun feels and performs like..;)

Now I gotta go put on my foil armor to protect from the glockies..:D
  12. Infidel

Infidel New Member

Sometimes.....I just sit and hold mine. Is that wrong? :D
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

No.. I do the same.. Sometimes I watch TV and practice sight alignment from the draw on the TV characters. Im getting pretty quick from my blackhawk holster..;)
  14. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I keep my 2 Randall Raiders at my desk so I can always be fondling them an I know it's not wrong. Can't be if it feels soooo good.:D:cool::):eek::cool:
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It does feel good. That just means its either very bad for your health or its a sin..
  16. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Actually, I take out my military issued 1911s and play with them quite often. So, dont get a complex or anything ;)
  17. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

lol u know since i got it i did that alot to :D
    an im very happy to be a proud owner of a 1911 its awsome , oh hey an range report is in just got back at 30 feet im shooting a quarter inch apart at 8 shots , an at 50 feet im shooting about a half inch apart a 8 shots i ran about 50 rounds thru it today an wow i luv it looks like a 1911 is my type of pistol , i also i tried sum quick action fast paced shooting from my shoulder holst an at a more rapid fire i shot a 8 rnd mag in about a inch apart of each shot ,
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  18. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

an yup its my first 1911 an really its all i plan on buying more of , an hey i held alot of glocks an they just didnt feel right besides i allways try to buy american just like my cars to :D
  19. Infidel

Infidel New Member

HAHAHAAAA!!! I swear I do the same thing!!:D My LCD TV kills the reflection of my laser though.:D
  20. Infidel

Infidel New Member

OOOHH! Another Randall fan. I used to have 2 service models but a moment of stupidity left me with one(traded it for another gun I care not to talk about). I'm a big fan, you are fortunate to have two Raiders. I found a lemay at the Tulsa gun show a few years back and forgot the table it was at and couldn't find it again.:(

Maybe someday again.

Yeah, right or wrong, I can't quit.:cool: