My New .9mm reloading blocks

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Deacon_Man, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

When I took my Granddoughter to the shooting range A man there gave me his brass he had shot. He gave me (100) .45 acp and (100) .9mm luger. Well, I don't have any .9mm loading blocks. I went out this morning and decaped all the shells and resize them. Then I ran them through the new tumbler. While they were in the tumbler I desided to make a couple loading blocks for the .9mm. I got both the blocks cut and routed edges and one of them drilled (160) holes, eight rows of twenty. When I get the other block drilled I will be able to reload my ass off out there. Saturday I went to Cabellas and bought the Lee delux four die set for .9mm and the Breach lock bushings for each die. Also bought 1000 small pistol primers and 500 FMJ bullets. I am going to load them with 800-X powder. Here are some pictures of my new toys.

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Can you get 'em under the measure?

My blocks are 50-blocks - 5 rows of ten. The outer two are easy. Then I turn the block around and get the other outer two. The inner one I have to angle the block. About half the time I only put 40 in 'em, and ignore the middle row.

They do look purty, but it don't look like there is room underneath the measure to run the block.
  3. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Alpo,
    I hold each case upto the bottom of the powder measure when I load them. Less chance of me making a mistake that way.
  4. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 Member

Nice lookin blocks Deacon. I plan to use ceder cuz I like the way it looks n smells. Always lookin fer good iders.
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

nice blocks.

I had to make another myself the other day for when i make large runs of over 100 cases at a time.

your vibe tumbler looks alot like mine.. :)

ps.. that bench looks WAY too organized!
  6. Sherrer1*

Sherrer1* Member

If you are just target shooting with your 9mm go to powdervalley.com and look at berry's bullets. They are plated bullets and great for just target shooting. I buy the 124 gr. round nose a 1000 for $73.00 pretty cheap.
  7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

now that is durn cheap!
  8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

When I go to powdervalley.com, I come up with a bunch of links to other places. Which link did you use to find that price on berry's bullets? At Berry's web site they are $86.51 for 1000.
  9. Sherrer1*

Sherrer1* Member

I see you finally got your new tumbler.I use nut media it seems to lasts longer than corn cob also I put a dryer sheet or two in my tumbler and it seems to keep down on the dust using the nut media. Nice trays too I need to build some for my 40 s&w brass.
  10. Sherrer1*

Sherrer1* Member

Sorry its powdervalleyinc.com and then click on pistol bullets, then berrys bullets. $72.94 for 1000 9mm 124gr. round nose
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Thank you, found it. Those are really good prices. I will start using them instead of direct from Berry's.
  12. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Just got a small drill press this past week from my father, set it up and first thing I did was turn a 11" piece of 2x6" lumber into a 50 round .458 loading block! Not near as pretty as what you got there Deacon, I only had a set of spade bits that would make a flat bottom so there's a small pilot hole in mine but they work great. Used a 9/16" spade bit and after marking with a pen and a steel square, got all the spacing marks done up, 1" spacing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to make a bunch more, going to do some with 1/2" holes for .308 and some other stuff. Need to get some better drill bits. They only loading block I have is the RCBS one that comes with the press, it works awesome but need more.
  13. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Those look great Deacon; I musta missed this thread last month. I've driven by Lonestar about 8 times in the past week; one of these days we gotta meet up and throw some lead.
  14. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

Yeah, aa1911 needs to acquire some Forstner bits. You can get a decent set at any good hardware store or some cheapies that will work for a while at Harbor Freight. I use a scrap of either Oak or Ash for my blocks, pine is a bit too soft.
  15. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Looks just fine AA, give'em a light sanding and then a coat of varnish and they'll last for years to come.