my new ak gear

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by new sks 2005, Oct 22, 2010.

1. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

im not to sure where to put this post---

[​IMG]
    these are both vietnam bringbacks i just bought online what do you think???
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

That gear is in really good shape for ''bring backs''. I hope you did not get suckered. I have 1st Gulf war stuff I brought back(Iraqi Gas mask,tanker helmet,uniforms,log books,AK mags,etc..) from Falaka Island off of Kuwait City when I was there. Too bad the AK isn't vietcong-then that would be really cool. Looks Good.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. Palmetto

Palmetto New Member

You could make a display case for something like this. I could see a nice wooden case with both American and Viet Cong equipment.
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

That would be cool-even better-get a display person(manequin):D
  5. jim brady

jim brady Active Member

That Pith Helmet is more like NVA than VC. Both that and the chest pouch are in decent shape. Too bad there aren't bullet holes in them. Looks like Luke didn't wear them much..... Maybe you could find an old VC and stuff him for a display? I'd like to see that.

Just kidding! Nice collection. Enjoy! (101st Airborne, I Corps, 70-71)
  6. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

i paid 13 bucks for helmet and 20 for ak chest pouch so im not out of to much money. they were listed as vietnam bringbacks but as you know pay for the item not the story.....the helmet is pretty beat up its all muddy and kind of smashed on top plus ripped a little. the pouch looks almost to good but they were both cheap!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260675810511&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

heres the link to the helmet on ebay...soooo what do you guys think real or not??
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

My main concern was you did not pay crazy $$. They look good so enjoy! I always wanted to display my Gulf War stuff but could never find a cheap dummy-other than me:)
  8. jim brady

jim brady Active Member

I don't have any doubts on that helmet. Looks like you got a pretty decent deal. That seller is pretty 'proud' of those GI M1 helmets seeing his prices......
    Did'nt see the dents in the helmet from those pictures. Maybe Luke was wearing it at the time? Hope so.
  9. 199er

199er New Member

I agree, the pith helmet and web gear look in very good shape. Both pieces of equipment are not faded at all from exposure to the sun nor do the wooden buttons appear to be worn/discolored from use....................................must have belonged to a NVA "REMF".