1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My new CVA Wolf .50 cal shoots fine!

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by dgray64, Apr 1, 2008.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I started out (after a good cleaning, with 90 gr of FFg and ball with patch. Worked well, though the second ball didn't want to go in so well. That's when I remembered that you are supposed to carry a damp rag to run though the barrel between shots. I used a lubed patch and that helped. This gun is accurate. I finally tried some 777 pellets (two 50 gr) with a sabot bullet. That worked well, so I tried another. Finally, I tried two 777 pellets with a patch and lead ball. That worked really well too, without dirtying the barrel.

The Wolf has an adjustable rear sight that didn't need adjusting and is drilled for a scope mount if needed. It has a soft trigger that I'd love to have on my semi-auto pistols. The final observation is that this has the best recoil pad that I have used. It's really soft and it sucks up the recoil so you don't have to flinch! Great gun for $119,

Dave :)