My new CVA Wolf .50 cal shoots fine!

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by dgray64, Apr 1, 2008.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I started out (after a good cleaning, with 90 gr of FFg and ball with patch. Worked well, though the second ball didn't want to go in so well. That's when I remembered that you are supposed to carry a damp rag to run though the barrel between shots. I used a lubed patch and that helped. This gun is accurate. I finally tried some 777 pellets (two 50 gr) with a sabot bullet. That worked well, so I tried another. Finally, I tried two 777 pellets with a patch and lead ball. That worked really well too, without dirtying the barrel.

The Wolf has an adjustable rear sight that didn't need adjusting and is drilled for a scope mount if needed. It has a soft trigger that I'd love to have on my semi-auto pistols. The final observation is that this has the best recoil pad that I have used. It's really soft and it sucks up the recoil so you don't have to flinch! Great gun for $119,

Dave :)