The Firearms Forum banner

My new Ruger Commander.

Tags
ruger
2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  gvw3 
#1 ·
About a month ago I purchased a new Ruger SR 1911 CMD. The best part about it is the wife agreed that it was a nice gift to myself for all the overtime i've been working. Before I had the first round through it I started researching bobtailing it.

After buying the Ed Brown mainspring housing and jig, it took about a week to get the nerve up to drill the hole myself. I seriously considered taking it to a smith to have it done but I like working on my own stuff and learning. Drilling the new hole is the only hard part. Once that is done correctly it's just down to shaping the frame down to the housing. Then I bead blasted it with 80 grit glass bead back to original matte finish. Turned out pretty well I think. So here's a picture. Grips are VZ Recons with VZ torque screws. More upgrades to come in the future.

I've currently got 500 flawless rounds down the tube. Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

See less See more
Reactions: amcnerl and jedwil
#10 ·
Are we going to have to beg for a range report ??

Guy's he may be keeping this a secret. :D
No begging necessary :).

After todays range trip I have exactly 750 rounds down the tube. It's never from day one given me a failure of any kind and point of aim is point of impact out to 25 yards with my light reloads. This commander is way more accurate than I am, thats for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.