The Firearms Forum banner

My new Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag

Tags
ruger
6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I picked up a .44 Magnum Ruger Redhawk revolver. I've been wanting one of these for a few years, but I've been patient about it. This one was offered to me a few weeks ago as part of a trade, and, and, even though I was looking for one with a shorter barrel, the whole deal was so good that I couldn't say no.

I'm the third owner of this gun, but the first one to ever fire it, which is pretty neat. As it turns out, it is a sweet shooting revolver.

Here's a video of my first range session with the Redhawk.

#3 ·
Love that video, and I love my Ruger! I firmly believe that this is one pistol that everyone should own, and shoot. I know that there are those out there that just can't handle the recoil of the .44 mag, but you can shoot .44 special in it too!

#4 ·
I don't know why but no one ever ask to shoot my 44 mag Ruger Blackhawk with the 4 5/8 barrel twice. Sometimes they give it back with 5 of the 6 rounds left.

#5 ·
I haven't had a Redhawk for some time, although it's still in the family.
I have a Super Redhawk in various forms.
A 2.5" Alaskan .44mag
A 2.5" Alaskan in .454 Casull
A 5" in .454 Casull
A 7.5" .44mag

This 'standard' Redhawk .44mag [anything BUT standard] is one of
the sweetest shooting .44mags in the world, if not "THE"......
and for some reason you don't need absorbing grips for it to be
comfortable, although they do tame it down.
It is not a wuss.....but it is not any worse on your wrist than a .357mag snubbie.
How Ruger did it, I don't know. I have thought of trading one of my Super's
for one, if I came across such a deal. I have been told [NO] about any trades
getting my other one back.
Stainless is great, wonderful, etc......but there seems to be a certain 'smoothness'
that only comes in blued steel.

Kudos, duelist, for a fine acquisition...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.