1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My New Sig P220

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by wingspar, Mar 9, 2011.

1. wingspar

wingspar Member

I looked at a P220 DAK once, and I don’t think I would like it. The trigger pull on my P220 SA is sweet.
  2. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

That sig is sweet but I agree with Wollyworm about the PMC ammo.
  3. wingspar

wingspar Member

The only PMC I’ve ever shot is thru my Mini-14, and it seems dirty, but not anything unusual. Below is a photo of my P220 after 85 rounds of PMC. I thought the gun was very dirty. Far more than I expected, and lead fouling seemed to be a lot in the barrel. It’s all clean now, and I have some MagTech that will be delivered on Tuesday, so I’ll be able to do a direct comparison between the two brands of ammo as far as “dirty” goes.

[​IMG]
  4. wingspar

wingspar Member

For woolleyworm, J.D. Bass and all others this may be of interest to. I put 80 rounds of MagTech thru my P220 yesterday. I took a couple of photos of the gun after I shot 85 rounds of PMC Bronze, and I took a couple of photos this morning after using the MagTech ammo. The results are in the photos below. I will let the photos speak for themselves. I just blended the two photos into one photo rather than posing a bucket full of photos. The one thing you can not see in the photos is what the inside of the barrel looks like. After shooting the PMC Bronze, the barrel was full of specks of dirt. After shooting the MagTech, the inside of the barrel looks clean.

This is the first time I’ve ever shot MagTech in any caliber, and I like the stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

another + for Magtech; now what did it do down range?? ;) Nice pics too, I am quite inept when it comes to doing any effects with pics; that blending job is nice!
  6. wingspar

wingspar Member

Thanks. I use studio strobes and photo background paper, so getting the same exposure, even tho the photos were taken days apart made them easy to merge.

I’m sure the gun can do much better downrange than I am capable of doing, but I am more accurate with the P220 than I am with my Glock 17. The SA trigger on the P220 is very nice.