My new used S&w3914NL

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Southerngunner, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Southerngunner

Southerngunner New Member

I thought that I would celebrate Highboy's birthday by getting me a present;)::DI went a shop in Kingman yesterday and found this suprise setting in the case .I have wanted one of these for a good while but haven't found one for the right deal until this came about. I have had a 6906 for 6 months or so but I don't care for the double stack that much besides it only holds another 3 round and to me the bulk isn't worth it for a C.C.W.. The S&W 3rd generation autos have a reputation of reliablity and accuracy and the 6906 has proven that to me . I am going to have to get an action job done though because to many years of 1911 shooting has spoiled me to this type of trigger pull. But at bad guy distances double taps are quick and both in center of mass.
    While I was up there I was also tempted by another 1911 ,I Finally got to see the Remington Enhanced R1 and aRuger SR 1911 for a side by side comparison. I Love the looks of the Ruger and the fact it is made right here in Arizona:D but I have to say the Remington seemed to be smoother right out of the box. Don't get me wrong I fully believe the Ruger would be as smooth after 500 or so rounds and it could have just been these two examples ,I wanted both of them:D:D

Attached Files:

2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Very nice - I think I would have gone with either one - there doesn't seem to be all that much to differentiate between them. Would love to test fire a clip through both of them though.
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Between the two 1911s listed, I do believe the remington enhanced to be the better choice. I am not knocking the ruger, just giving my opinion. Best option is to own both.
  4. Southerngunner

I totally agree with you about owning both, But I allready have a Para limited,a Dan Wesson c-bob and a S&W 945 performance center ,plus two 45colt/45 acp convertible Rugers one a 1975 model Blackhawk and a stainless Bisley.:D
  5. Double D

So, thats no reason not to get both..I own 18 1911s and numerous other handguns....still in the market for more....
  6. Southerngunner

The only reason for me not getting both is my wallet, and besides that I just bought the 3914;) My income was reduced 60% when I ended up with 5 herniated disc's 16 titainium screws,4 rods and a cage in my lower back. Three surgeries later I thank God I'm not in a wheelchair. But I have to pick my battles a lot more carefully or do some creative horse trading to get the bigger ticket items. Especially since the wife is the only one working. But believe me I am always in the market for more myself:D
  7. Double D

I hear ya on the rods and screws, I got my share of them too, dozens as a mater of fact and a cage, lubar fusion 4-5 and I can give you the weather forecast most days....a dozen epedurals and a nero-stimulator and way too much physical therapy later, here we are!! No more surgery for me. P.S. sorry to hear of your back issues, I know it stinks.....
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  8. Southerngunner

You been reading my mail DoubleD it has been 4 years since my last of 3 surgeries no more for me either My feet and legs have permanent nerve damage so its like standing on nails 24-7 . I catch a lot of crap about the weather forcast but I'm usually no more than a day off . 4-5 is also the level with the hardware store in it on me. You know the drill Good Days:D and not so Good Days:( What the hell Brother at least we are still "Truckin":D
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012