My new WASR-10

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by CampingJosh, Nov 6, 2008.

1. K1D_5150

K1D_5150 New Member

What ever you will carry is the best. A .45 doesn't do you any good when you're not carrying it. Where one or two .45 rounds will knock it down, a mag of .380 should work about as well. Don't let anybody tell you its wrong. I get it the other way, I carry a 1911 .45 and get told that I should carry something smaller. Its all about what is the most comfortable for you.:D
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I looked at an AK 47 this past Tuesday. My local gun shop had one with the slanted "thing" on the end of the barrel that can be screwed off and replaced with other flash hiders.

Anyway, he told me $400 OTD (out the door) so I picked it up and started toward the cash register. I happened to mention that I was looking for a .223 bolt action and would rather have the bolt action more than the AK. My buddy who owns the shop told me that he could get me a Weatherby .223 with a 24 inch barrel for $428 (OTD) so I put the AK back and ordered the Weatherby. I hope I did the right thing.:confused:;)

In a few weeks, if he still has the AK, I will probably end up with it,too.:cool:
  3. K1D_5150

K1D_5150 New Member

You wont be disappointed with either. :D:D