My old .22 and a RIA target must go, how much shoould I ask?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by MJ1, Dec 25, 2009.

1. MJ1

MJ1 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...TIA...

..MJ..
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Interesting.....
    Maybe you should tell us what you know about these before we give you an answer.....Lets just say I have concerns about the originality of the rifles in the picture.......Some times it is easier to just ask some questions rather than take a wild guess. So what can you tell us about them?

Best regards, Kirk
  3. MJ1

MJ1 New Member

Sprinfield Armory .22 M2 bbl SA 7-32
  4. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Personally I have never seen a M2 22 in a service rifle stock, with service sights.

I am used to seeing them with the sporting style half stock, and the long slide Lyman 48 that is on the A3, on the M2 .22.

Of course the Lyman on the A3 is not the correct rear sight for it, and the stock has been relieved for the Lyman.....

So as collector rifles I believe they are not.....As shooters they are worth considerably less.....

So are the stock & sights correct for the M2? I don't think so, but could be wrong.....

Anyone else here know more about the M2?

Regards, Kirk
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  5. MJ1

MJ1 New Member

I HAVE SEEN THREE LIKE IT ANd i HAVE THE 1922.

[​IMG]

Someone caused these to be made. So you think it's a one off well it seems like a lot of work and waste of a 1937 bbl and FJA stock. Saw another on ********* last spring for a pretty bit of change.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  6. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

So you know they were made and what one sold for on #########....So what and why are you asking here for, and chastizing us volunteers for? I am sorry I am not familiar with your M2 variation....Seen quite of few of the common one, just not one like yours, and even admittted so by asking for help form some one else...

Merry Christmas,
    Kirk
  7. MJ1

MJ1 New Member

I don't know what they sell for?? Sorry I asked. I know 1922's sell around $500 on a good day. I'm sure this rifle is not near as nice as the one that I did see sell and not much more.

Merry Christmas to you too.

...MJ...
  8. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

MJ1,

$500 for your 1922? Send me a PM and I'll send you a check!;):D Try more like $1,500 for a nice example "on a good day". I am not sure what you are after here, with a rifle that I cann't ANY find informaton on, yet you claim it is as original. (could be, don't know) And you have watched one sell, on a major acution site. So why are you here, asking what to charge for your rifles? It sounds like you know all you need to know, to set a price for yours.....But then again if you want to part with the 1922 for $500 on a good day, maybe you need to do some reasearch, and find out some more about M2 values. And of course, what you have been doing, watching the auction sites. Good luck.

Regards, Kirk
  9. MJ1

MJ1 New Member

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the hilliday weekend.

Cheers