1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My old Morseth

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Uncle Alvah, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Uncle Alvah

Uncle Alvah New Member

This knife was ordered by my Uncle along about 1969, but IIRC, it was a couple years before it was actually delivered, so I'm saying it was made about 1971.
    I inherited it a few years later, it was in mint condition, my Uncle merely collected knives, he was no woodsman what-so-ever.
    I, however, have used the knife extensively, from gutting deer, to cleaning trout, to mundane kitchen duty.
    I would be worth pretty good money if I had "kept it nice" but in all honesty, I think Mr. Morseth would approve of my my decision to put it to use!

[​IMG]

Still has the original sharpening stone, the sheath stitching is perfect, but the leather is showing it's age.
    I love this knife!
  2. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

I believe he certainly would approve.

I do, too.

That is why he got into the knife-making business - to make useable knives. Morseth made some fine knives. It was some of his customers who started setting them aside to look at rather than use.