My project is started!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gun-nut, Aug 24, 2012.

1. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

LOL ya i will be glad to say that as well!
  2. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Started the rafters today. Hope to finish them tomarrow with some of the sheeting.
  3. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well this is just before we put in all the bracing for the vulted celing. We have most of it in and will be sheeting tomarrow. We lucked out with very little but very light rain so far. We were only rained on just about an hour on sat morning and for about 2 hours sunday morning. I will try to post more up tomarrow nite. They will be some of the before this point picks and picks of the ne celling that i put it. this house is about 800 sqft. but it feels bigger now with the vulted celling. My friend Matt said that i took a hillbilly home and made it a rich man's house. Ya.... i guess you could say that. :D

Attached Files:

4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

We have the roof sheeting on and working on the shetting on the gable ends, outside of getting hit with the rain. but we doing ok.
  5. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well its been a He!! of a week. Had the bathroom floor give out. So we redid all the pluming. Now just to put in new floor joists and floor. All the floor joist gave out do to all the rot and carpenter ants, along with some termites. Got all new treated lumber and got the exterminator in to spray. We have the roof felted and ready for the steel roof. Still have to do the siding, but the bathroom had to come first. Still taking picks of this mess.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Keep us informed. Looking good so far.
  7. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well things are still going but a bit slow. I fell the other day and bruised a few ribs. but heres an outside pick of the house, as we have been inside working on the bathroom and trying to still work 10 hour days. Been working on the new wiring for the kitchen and bathroom as well.

Attached Files:

8. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

mine is done but the front and back deck.:dance::dance:
  9. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I am at the point that i wish i could say that.
  10. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well the ribs are on the mend but still a bit sore. But getting the wireing in and the siding is going up. Some of the bathroom is drywalled now. So we making progress.
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Child labor laws only apply if you pay them. :devilish::D:D:D
  12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:lmao2:I can't let the wife see this. It took me 5 years. Slow down. Your making us all look bad.
  13. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

lmao2: Well i will say this it has just been me and dad for the most part. My friend Matt as spent 3 full days here when we roughted it in. My friend Rick spent 3 days when we did the demolishing. Todd has helped do the pluming and Joe helped a few hours with the wire. Had just a few others that spent partial days here. So with a crew that comes and goes we are making good progress. Hope to have the bathroom floor all closed up this week and the tileing going in so that i get the toliet in along with the hotwater heater in. Then i will not have to run to mom and dads for showers or the park to use the pota potty.:D
  14. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Here is a few more picks of the house as it stands now. Been a bit slow this last few weeks because of rain and me having to work some OT. The first pick is when we put new pluming in after the bathroom floor fell in. The next 2 are the outside with the siding up now. and the last one is the volted celing. Now the old roof is still in the house as we have the idea to use it to put up the drywall on the new celing. when we get that up we will remove it.

Attached Files: