My rant for today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carver, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

They should have to show their handicap plaquered before they can use one.When my wife turned ill we could never find one empty.Usually kids on them.My wifes doctor wrote her a script and the insurance purchased her a brand new one.They wouldnt pay for the lift to transport it.The electric ones can run up to 2 to 3 grand.But I found a manual lift that hooks in our hitch and you pull a pin and lower to ramp and she goes right up and on there.Never had to worry about the store ones.You did the right thing Carver even though it pissed you off you should be commended for your attitude.Even if you got a manager he or she wouldnt have made the lady get off.Your a good man Carver.
  2. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I would have asked her if she could prove she wasn't exceeding the rated weight capacity of the scooter. then I would have told her that a man who lost his leg fighting for her right to be selfish needs it more.

highboy, you are NOT taking my walker and breaking it over some cows head. that's my job.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

So, after I got done dragging her through the store I would drag her outside. I would get off the scooter and let Sig Willy take over. Hmmm, lets see. Then he would probably grab her and do a smack down with her into the nearest trash can. Then he would kick the trash can over and dump her big old but out and grab her by her ears and begin pistol whipping her with the butt of his big gun. After that he would get her in a half-nelson and make her drink gutter water.

That's how you get a little respect , hu Willy. :D
  4. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You could have tried to lure her off by holding a Twinkie in front of her nose. If that didn't work you should have grabbed the key and run.
  5. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

How did you know what I was planning to do but you missed one thing. Used diapers strewn all over the parking lot. Easy picking.

:devilish:
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've not been in that situation, but I have very conspicuously taken pictures of able-bodied people parking in the handicapped spots. It has caused some heated statements directed at me, which quickly quieted when I pulled out my phone and dialed 911. :D

Pops
  7. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

You did the right thing Carver, I couldn't. I refuse to stand down to these types of people anymore. It's a damn shame in todays society when being honest and respectfull is the minority.
  8. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Sad, but true my friend, sad but true.
  9. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

What a $$%&^%&^. And I would have told her to (*^* off you stupid %&^$ #%^#@%^# #$&%#$^% inconsiderate $^%$76 $$^%765 ^%&^%&* no good for nothing &^%&%76 &^%%$#756 witch with a capital B
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Wow! Those of you that know me know I was carring! The thought of the gun never entered my mind. Even though I was feeling a white hot anger at that moment, I knew that she was right, there was no way I, or anyone else, was going to make her get off that scooter short of physical force. I never even considered going to management. And no, the handicaped man did not get a scooter. I ran into him again in the sporting goods department. A place I have to visit because the Wal-Mart in Marshall, TX sells guns. Turns out he was a hunter, and was there to get his hunting license. Bow season opens here on the 1st.

Ryan, I excuse your use of the term lady in your post! You are not from the south, here a lady is a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken: She may be poor and have little education, but she's a real lady, polite, considerate, and christian. She may be a woman of high social position or economic class: She was born a lady. Or she just has real class! This woman could not on her best day claim to be a lady in any way, shape, or form!
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  11. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

that is terrible! :mad: i think you handled it well. what you said to her will hopefully eat at her for a long time to come.
  12. 1969SS396

1969SS396 Member

I bet the word "Bitch" would better define her......I'm sure there are a few others
  13. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Carver, well done! Doing the right thing is not easy some times. God was watching to see how you would handle the devil.
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There are two types of people in this country. The one's that think they are entitled and the rest of us.
  15. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

47% of American's are on some type of Entitlement program. 47%, that's down right scary. What's even more scary is these people "Vote" and you know they are voting for the guy that will give them a raise.