1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

My Reloading Bench

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 4:55:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All My Reloading Bench
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the first in a series of photos of my interest in reloading, guns and shooting. Shown is a photo of my reloading bench in my shop out behind my house. As you can see I have plenty of storage to store dies, powder, bullets and primers in the overhead cabinets. I store brass and bulk lead for casting bullets under the workbench.

I started reloading with the RCBS Rockchucker in 1973 and graduated to the Dillon several months ago. I have the capability to load rifle in .223, 30-30, 30-06, 35 rem, and pistol in 9mm, 38/357, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP and 45 Colt.

I still feel like a novice at times because I have let other interests over the years get in the way of shooting and reloading. Each time I start back after a break I have to spend much time refereshing the basics.

I have seen many, AGunguy & KW to name a couple, on this board that are far more qualified than I at reloading, so I plan to let you answer the questions that others & I may pose while we pick your brain.

I welcome the comments and would like to see what you have for your reloading bench.

Don

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 5:36:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My Reloading Bench
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh tuckerd1, I sure could use your organizational skills. Mine is a mess right now.

Oh and I love the duct tape stool top!

shooter22

kdubaz
    (8/22/01 5:38:35 pm)
    Now, That's a setup you can be right proud of, Tuckerd!

I'd kill to have all that room. Sure keep your's a lot neater than I keep mine! If I can ever figure how to post pictures on the net, we'll try to oblige. All I can tell you right now, is that most things are definately within hands reach!

I'll just bet you have equal or more experience in reloading than a lot of us, so be sure to jump in whenever the topic come up - never know when you learn something new.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/22/01 7:16:11 pm)
    kdubaz - there are a lot of us who'll help you post pics.

And tuckerd1 - awesome work area!

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/22/01 7:30:16 pm)
    I've got so much crap piled up on top of my bench right now, the top of my Dillon press looks like Mt. Vesuvius sticking up above the surrounding foothills.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 7:46:16 pm)
    There must be a law stating that a setup like that is illegal or is it amoral ???
    Great set up...When you live in an apartment things like that are like heaven and to die for..

Damn I wish I had that BG & R thing figured out..

Edited by: Bompa at: 8/22/01 8:49:12 pm

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 8:13:40 pm)
    Thanks everyone.

Shooter22, That duct tape stool is curteousy of our dog, Chewy. Very good name for him!!

Bompa, the short side of the 'L' is a 4' reloading cabinet I built in 1976 to use in an apartment bedroom. It has moved 6 times now and wound up in the configuration it is in 1984. It was the blueprint for the remaining cabinets. I built them with a skilsaw on saw horses.

Folks, I like being organized, but don't think for a minute I don't get my stuff in the shape Bob described. It will drive me crazy until I stop everything and straighten it out.

KW, like TLynn said, we will all help you get you pics posted. Get them made and holler for help!

gun runner john
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 8:19:51 pm)
    Nice digs! I have a smaller reloading area, but I do have an entire room that I call my "gun room". It has, of course, the safe, cabinets, workbench, and the reloading bench. You inspired me, so I ran in and grabbed the digital camera.

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/22/01 8:23:46 pm)
    GunRunner, Very nice setup too! I would like to have my safe in my reloading area but I have acetylene torches in the opposite corner and I don't think it would be very secure that a way!!

Xracer
    (8/23/01 8:29:56 am)
    A clean loading bench is the sign of a sick mind!

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/23/01 10:12:47 am)
    I'mm SICK, SICK, SICK!! Why do you think I hang around at this place with you guys! All like peas in a pod! LOL!

kdubaz
    (8/23/01 11:26:18 am)
    Well, I'm glad we've established that fact - !

My reloading/gun room looks like a disaster area most of the time - so little room, most things just have to sit out on the bench. Clear off a minute working space when absolutely required. The wife keeps wanting me to expand it out into the Arizona (sun) room, but I'm hesitant because I don't have to do more than twist at the hips to latch onto whatever is needed. More room just means I'd have more area to search for the things put away and forgotten where!
    Keep below the ridgeline!

cointoss 2
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/23/01 9:21:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My Reloading Bench
    Darn Tuckered1, why should I wade through my mess when yours looks so inviting to stuff a few shells. I am envious, and I could use some 257. Weatherby, when you get a chance. Hehe!
    cointoss2

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/2/01 6:20:46 pm)
    Tuckerd1, you are one neat organized individual, you make me look like a slob in your beautiful reloading set up.

I don't possess the computer skills to show you what mine looks like but will attempt to describe it.

Have upstairs corner bedroom that is really my hobby room, it is next to my bedroom through an ajoining door.
    In it are two large government steel office desk that I bought over 12 years ago at a Surplus sales house. $10.00 apiece if I remember right. There is even a match office furniture small table that has a mini-lathe to do small jobs.

The desk have hutches on their tops to store just about everything I have in reloading gear. The desk also have three reloading presses on one: Hornady 07 with L-N-L adapters, C&H Jr Champ, and a C&H 4 die station single stage press I use a lot. Mounted on one end is a Lyman 450 bullet lubricator press.

The other desk only has two Dillon RL 450 presses on it. However, they been converted by myself to full automation on the primer and powder systems...same as the Dillon 550 B press, but they have no removable tool head and I can get along without it. My Dillons also use non Dillon powder measure dispensers, one is RCBS and the other is Hornady, both have the case activated powder drop die system.

Wish I could show you some of the gadgets I've rigged up to spin brass to polished perfection in mere seconds, and the device I use to spin clean primer pockets. These were fashioned from an old copy machines two little motors.

Well, I realize talk is cheap, maybe someday I will have a scanner or possess the knowledge to show some pictures.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 9/2/01 7:23:51 pm

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/3/01 8:12:17 pm)
    Gunguy, Sounds like a pretty good setup to me. Also sounds like some nice gadgets you have made.

Let me know if you need some help posting anything here.

Don

AGunguy
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/01 1:22:15 pm)
    Thanks, but its a well known fact you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I'm lucky anymore to find the on/off keys.

Gunguy

oldguide32
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/01 5:30:28 pm)
    Hey, Tuck. Great place! I think TallTLynn is going tohelp me post a picture of my reloading shop over at TFF (Matthew's place) under the Hunter Lounge logo.

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/4/01 9:03:34 pm)
    Oldguide, I'm interested in seeing and reading about your reloading room. I have followed much of it from the planning stages through the near completion. Notice I said 'near" complete. Are these projects ever complete? You have some good ideas in yours and a lot of good ideas from your friends on the forums you visit.

I will be over to Matt's place to see the photos.

oldguide32
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/17/01 10:39:53 am)
    Fall is coming so I gotta finish that stovepipe! And only one big light left to install.
  2. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

I've been reading all these post, and the talk about the awesome work area, like there was some sort of pictures of it, but at my end, all I have is writing,

POST SOME PICTURES

tEN wOLVES
  3. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

Ten look at the dates of these post. If you kept all pics for ever you could not store all the archives.
  4. tEN wOLVES

tEN wOLVES New Member

Yea (LOL ) I guess your right

TW
  5. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

Didn'y notice the date, but was wondering why format was soo different. LOL