My Reviews

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Hydra Shok, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Ok, my wife and I went out to try out the new pistols that I traded for last weekend.

Taurus Millinnium PT-111 9mm

Ok this is the one that is going to be my carry pistol. This is a cool pistol, it's DAO, the first DAO pistol I have ever shot. The trigger feels just like a revolver, and I wasn't really expecting that. I shot a box of 50 FMJ and 10 Winchester Silver Tip HP's. No malfunctions. I shot from a standing position at about 25 feet, and it hit where I aimed. Typical 9mm recoil, nothing excessive due to low weight. I picked up a Uncle Mike's IWB holster to carry it in. It is one of those velvet looking holsters without a retention strap, size 12. So far so good, I like it and recommend it.

Kel-Tec P-32 .32 Cal.

This is my wifes carry pistol, her first. She also shot at 25 feet and it shot pretty much where it was aimed, she put them all on the paper anyway. I shot a few, and was suprised at the "snappy" recoil it has. Being so light I reckon something has to give. She shot about 40 rounds without any malfunctions. The only thing that I can gripe about the Kel-Tec is that she has some trouble pulling back the slide, don't know if there is anything that be done to remedy that. Cool little pistol though. Seems a lot of women carry this pistol, I might have to get one of these for myself :D .
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Sounds like your on track Hydra Shok!...;)
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks, Hydra Shok!
  4. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

good stuff man
    glad you got somethin you and the wife like :D
  5. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Just thought I would put my experiences on the board in case somebody else came along and asked about either one. Anytime SoMo, like I said, the trigger felt just like a revolver to me. It's kinda "Glockish" in it's appearance, but it isn't nearly as wide and has a better grip angle to me. I saw a reply of Marlin's on another post saying something about the trigger pull has issues. Now it isn't as smooth as my departed Kimber, but the PT 111 is not a target pistol either. Guns and Ammo did a review on the Millennium series a while back and said pretty much the same things I said about them, so it may be the ones trying to compare a trigger on a SA to a DAO saying the trigger is too long or too hard. But if you can pull and tolerate shooting a revolver in DA, you shouldn't have any trouble with a Millennium.
  6. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

you don't have issues with the keltec trigger?
    those things are hideous or was this one lightened up considerably?
  7. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Hey FN, no doubt the Kel- Tec has a heavy trigger, but I don't look at it the way some do. It's a DAO pistol, with no safety anywhere. It's not a target pistol, so you don't need a 2 pound trigger. So to make it safer, in my own opinion, they put a stiff trigger in it. The main issue I had with it is the slide is pretty sticky and hard to pull back. Personally, for what the gun is intended for, the trigger isn't an issue.
  8. FN_Project90

FN_Project90 New Member

yeah I know. I have early stages of arithitis in my hands (yeah at 22) from the cancer and the chemo and heavy double action triggers kill me. I am taking some clinical (test ones or whatever) drugs that are helping immensly. They took me off for a month and I only had 1 problem with my hands acting up. so its really working so hopefully things will be bettter :)
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2003