My Ruger came back from repairs worse.

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by LyleLovett666, Apr 23, 2012.

1. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

So I got my 95 back on thurs and took it out to shoot today and it functions even worse than before I sent it in for repairs.Every shot,literaly is an fte when shot 115 grain.124 and 147 grain are some what better but still very bad.They said it had ejector problema and that 45 rounds had been fired through without incident but Ruger needs to get their act together.:mad:
  2. zachp

zachp New Member

I sent a Ruger LC9 back to them because we (3 people) were having trouble hitting a 2x3 foot paper at 5 yards. They sent it back with no repairs stating there was nothing wroong with it. It went down the road and I will never own another Ruger.
  3. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Sorry to hear about your gun , its not something that i hear very common with the P95s. I hope they get it worked out for ya. As for the LC9 in my experience there pretty accurate little guns, my friend has one and does very well with it. I am not the best with it myself being that I haven't much trigger time and since it has a long pull its very easy to shoot off without practicing the trigger pull with a snap cap.
  4. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

that is to bad, try using what ever works best so you can get a few hundred rounds through her and then maybe your problems will clear up.
  5. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

As to the perceived accuracy problem of zachp; I am not being a "Smart Donkey", but do not know the shooting abilities of you or your friends. Many persons have great difficulty shooting small, light, pocket size pistols in .380 ACP, 9 X19 mm, and .40 S&W.

Find someone who is experienced in shooting small pistols such as the LC9 or LCP, ACCURATELY. Have this person shoot two or three 5 shot test groups with your pistol and another pistol of the same or similar type, at anywhere from 7 to 10 yards distance. If there is, in fact, a significant difference in the accuracy performance of the different pistols; mail the test targets with an explanatory letter to Ms. Susan Maxwell, Head of Quality and Customer Service, Strum-Ruger Inc., 200 Ruger Road, Prescott, AZ 86301.

Hope tis is useful.

P.S. - At 15 feet a LC9 9 (or any similar pocket pistol) should group well under 3" CTC for most 5 shot groups in the hands of a proficient shooter.
  6. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

The 95's are big blocky guns. The trigger is the problem on them. It's double action first shot and then the remaining shots are single action. There is alot of take up on those single action shots.
  7. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Sorry to hear about your issues. We have a P95 and have had several "P" series guns over the years..........never had any issues with them.
  8. LyleLovett666

I put about 300 rounds through it yesterday and it just got worse with every magazine.
  9. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

It would be going right back to them if it was me.
    The only experience I have with Ruger and their customer service/repair was on my 10/22. They corrected the problem and did so in a timely manner. They tossed in an extra mag for my problems and have not had an issue since.
    I would give them another chance to make it right. By the way have you tried using a different mag for it, sometimes a bad mag will cause many headaches until you realize its the mag not the gun.
  10. LyleLovett666

I have three mags and ran ammo through everyone.I seemed that the slide was not cycleing.The slide would be completely closed with the spent casing or half open and very stiff when it was racked to eject the casing.
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

are u trying different ammo?
  12. LyleLovett666

Yesterday I ran Herters,blazer,federal,winchest and speer from 115 to 147 grain.I think ruger has just become too big,too fast and are turning out garbage imo.I just want it fixed so I can wash my hands of the company.
  13. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I'm expecting a Ruger back anyday from repair and I'll post as to the fix/quality.
  14. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

While I'm not surprised that warranty work may not have been done properly as I have had many issues over the years with cars, campers and appliances where the net result was getting rid of the lemon and starting over. However, guns were never involved. Since they are rather small, consist of relatively few parts and perform only one function, one would think a lemon would be spotted before it ever left the factory. I would think this would be especially true of one sent back for warranty repairs. Test firing would show up a failure to, well, shoot, feed and eject.

I'm inclined to agree with "Hammerslagger" that the shooter might at least be part of the problem. I have owned Rugers for more than 50 yrs. and never had a single issue with one. That includes revolvers and semi's. I would take one over a S&W any day.

Of course, I'm old and nothing is like it used to be. I guess some folks just shouldn't buy Ruger's.
  15. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Sorry about the problems you all are having. Personally, I love Ruger firearms, and the only problem I've ever had was one magazine for a MKIII not feeding properly. Ruger offered to replace it but I got busy and forgot to send it back.