The Firearms Forum banner

My S&W Pistols

6K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  jwdurf 
#1 ·
I introduced myself with a new 10/22 , here are my others. The 5906 is my favorite and almost like new when purchased, M&P 9MM and .22 Compact . The Mod 65 .357 and .38 Spl. were very dirty and gummed up inside . I cleaned them up, lightly oiled and Blued the Snub which some as rubbed off but still looks better than before
Gun Firearm White Trigger Light
Gun Firearm Trigger White Line
Product Gun Firearm Trigger White
Gun Firearm Trigger White Line
Product Gun Firearm White Trigger

See less See more
#10 ·
I was worried I just bought my 9mm Shield and because they are selling like hotcakes I thought I might have issues. I sat on a bench and aimed for 15 yards, pulled the trigger and bingo, bull's-eye! What a nice pistol to shoot and I've shot over 250 rounds and have not had one issue. I have it in my IWB Crossbreed holster and the two make a good combination.

#15 ·
Took my S&W revolvers out today and shot my model-10 for the first time.The sites on my Model-66 make it much more accurate.Also shot 357 magnums for the first time also.They are way more powerful than 38-specials but didn't hurt my hand with recoil any at all.Reloads of course!A rain storm was coming down the mountain with lightning but never made it to us.Had a fun afternoon.I had a model-59 9mm the predecessor to the 5906 but sold it off a couple years back.I have a couple of CZ-75's now.
Games Sand Shooting Baggage Cameras & optics

I really like your S&W revolvers to!

Attachments

#17 ·
For a carry handgun, I love my MP shield c in 9mm. Also have a Ruger P89 but it's heavy and doesn't hide near as well as my S&W. I don't find them any where near as accurate as my other handgun's; HS HD Military is the only auton I've ever shot well. The three S&W's, 22 Combat Masterpiece, Mod 16 in 32 long and 38/44 Outdoorsman in 38. My favorite's were a Dan Wesson 15VH 6" Colt Trooper MK III and a Colt Diamondback in 22RF. Would love to get my hand's on a Python but probably couldn't afford it!

#27 ·
Smith and Wesson make some great guns, I have 4 and my favorite is the old .357 revolver, it is hard to conceal carry but so nice to shot. Have the M&P 9 and a .38 snub revolver like yours also. Happy shooting.

Reactions: crystalphoto
#29 ·
I've always wanted a Smith snubbie but as of yet don't own one. I was filling out the paperwork on a Shield when the store told me that the sale they had only applied to the manual safety model, which ended things unfortunately. I'm looking at maybe grabbing a 642 soon to replace the new Undercover that Charter is sending me to replace the defective one. Going to see what I can get in trade for it to offset the cost. I would rather have the 637 but I won't buy one with a lock I have to remove or hope doesn't fail at the worst time. And really for a snubbie SA probably will never be used.

#30 ·
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
I really like my S&W revolvers to,in many ways I like the older Model-10 more.It's just the history and quality of them when you hold them in your hand.A few days back I was watching that old movie"Bonnie and Clyde"made back in 1967 I think.Clyde was firing two old pre Model-10's in 6" barrels and the cops were firing the same pistols.I was thinking,hey I have one that looks like that!Cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.