My Sig

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Shellback, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Shellback

Shellback New Member

Heres a photo of my Sig with the new adjustable sights I put on it this morning. Also has a Fire Dragon compensated barrel and barrel buffer. Well used but never ever abused. I have put several thousand rounds through it. What do you guys think about compensated barrels.
    Thanks for looking
    Tim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I think a compensated barrels are really only needed with guns that use heavey rounds, like the .357sig/mag, 44mag, 50AE but usually not with a 9mm...unless you plan on using hot loads.

I'm not really keen on the kind of sights that you have on your gun, just MHO, if you like 'em then you made a good choice.

Overall, though, it's a nice looking gun. I was close to buying one...until I saw that S&W Model 10-5, then everything changed.
  3. Shellback

Shellback New Member

It's chamberd for 40 sw and I load some 200gr and they are hot but for the most part I load 165 gr and I suppose they are pretty hot as well. All the other sights I have found looked about the same. I don't really like how they hang over the back over the hammer. The compensated barrel sure helps to get back on target fast.
    Tim
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

A hot .40cal load does justify a comp'd barrel.
  5. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Shellback, that is a really nice Sig. I have a 229 Equinox that I love.
  6. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

Personally I'm not a fan of them as far as their intended function but in regards to aesthetics I think they look great!

www.gunnerforum.com