my small growing collection

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by new sks 2005, Oct 4, 2010.

1. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

[​IMG]
    i just need a scoped bolt action and i will have all the bases covered:)
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i beg to differ sir. to have the bases covered you'll need a 22 rifle as well. thats good looking wood on the m44.

i would discourage you from the mossberg with a pistol grip stock on it. you cannot actuate the safety very quickly. you have to move your hand to click it off or on, then move your hand back. imagine how this will feel if you are facing a bad guy and forgot to click off the safety when you pick the gun up.

what type of 1911 do you have?
  3. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

its a gi rock island 1911. awesome shooter!:)
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

cool cool, are you able to carry openly in colorado, can you get a license to conceal?
  5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Funny you asked about conceal/open carry in Colorado, John. Just finished looking that up. Colorado is an 'open carry' state, but there are places here, like the People's Republik of Denver and Yuppieville...errrr... Boulder - that have extemely limited or restricted open carry.

Colorado is a shall-issue state for conceal carry. Some of the Sheriffs in the larger Denver Area Counties are anti gun, and make the applicant wait the full 120 days before they issue the permitt. I live in Arapaho County (south of Denver) and the Sheriff's Department called me and my wife just the day before their official time limit expired.

You should have seen what our former Apapaho County Sheriff did when the Pope came to our County some years ago for Youth Day. He mobilized EVERY law enforcement agency within 200 miles to keep an eye on all those CHRISTIAN TEENAGERS. I guess he expected them to run amok and rape, pillage and sack and burn Denver to the ground. But that's another story.......

That is a nice collection there! You are right, that's some handsome wood on that Type 44. Those laminated stocks are great. A Ruger 10-22 would go nice with that collection....
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

And trim that shotgun barrel down a bit or get a magazine extention