1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

MY SWEDE

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

velvetnsteel
    (1/31/02 11:34:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All MY SWEDE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Figured out how to load a pic! This is my 6.5 X 55 wedish Mauser.

Guess I didn't figure it out..........somebody help me figure out how to load a pic......thanks.

Here is a pic of one of my 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mausers. This particular one is fully sporterized with a 22" barrel, target crown,low mount safety, bolt modified to clear scope, fully reblued, and fitted with a Gander Mountain (Tasco) 3 X 9 X 40 scope. My wife uses this one for whitetail. I load a 120 grain Nosler for her. It does an excellent job.

These pics are of my 6.5 X 55 Swede. It has been fully sporterized with a 22 inch target crowned barrel, full rebluing, boly altered and polished, low mount safety, thumbhole stock, and currently wearing a Simmons MAG 44 2 X 7 X 44 scope. For whitetails I load either the Nosler 120 grain ballistic tip or the Sierra 120 grain. I have a 100 grain load I am going to try on groundhogs this year. I love the thumbhole stock concept. Thanks. Velvetnsteel.

Edited by: tuckerd1 at: 2/1/02 5:59:24 pm

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/31/02 11:40:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: MY SWEDE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    velvet - have you uploaded your picture to a hosting site on the internet? That would be the first step. Second you would right click on the photo (once hosted that is), go down to properties and copy the address of the picture.

Come back here and type [i m g] before and [/ i m g ] afterwards (without spaces that is).

Hope that helps. If you don't have a place to host your picture please feel free to e-mail me at

talltlynn@yahoo.com and attach the picture. I'll be happy to post it for you.
    TLynn

tuckerd1
    (2/1/02 8:55:22 am)
    Velvetnsteel, I posted your pics. They are stored in my personal web page. You may have personal web space with your ISP. Check with them and your can click on edit in your post above and see how to post pics. Good luck and ask as many questions about this as you need.
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

WyomingSwede
    (2/1/02 10:58:13 am)
    Bweing somewhat predjudiced about this subject...all I can say is "Good Job...Way to Go!!!"
    Swedes are a personal weakness of mine also. Looks like a fine job.I'll bet it shoots as good as it looks. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

velvetnsteel
    (2/1/02 5:37:49 pm)
    THANKS tuckered1 for posting my pics. THANKS T for instructions. THANKS Swede for the compliments. Both guns will shoot 3 shots into less than an inch at 100 yards with the Nosler 120 grain ballistic tip. Mine will do that with the 100 grain Sierra load. And these barrells are supposed to be set up for heavy bullets..........I know for sure they will shoot better than I can shoot them !! I do need ya'alls ideas on a wildcat based on this action. Thanks.

tuckerd1
    (2/1/02 6:00:46 pm)
    BTW velvetnsteel, Nice looking rifles! Have thought of building a sporter Mauser 98 several times.
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

cointoss 2
    (2/1/02 8:32:19 pm)
    Very nice, very nice!
    cointoss2

WyomingSwede
    (2/1/02 9:07:30 pm)
    Hey V&S, a belated welcome aboard. You being a devoted swede lover and a purveyor of all fine things in a mauser way, might want to amble on over to the Curio & Relics forum also.

There has been a lot of Moisin Nagant pollution of late and a fine swede lover like yourself would fit right in.
    regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

Xracer
    (2/1/02 10:04:27 pm)
    Very, very pretty.

velvetnsteel
    (2/2/02 9:03:46 am)
    Thanks all for the comments. Yes, I am guilty of loving all things Mauser...................I did venture into the 7.62 X 54 realm a bit, but cannot abide getting my shoulder thumped so soundly. I also have a nice Model 95 Chilean 7 X 57 with wood furniture I will talk about somewhere, but this is the SWEDISH section. LONG LIVE THE 6.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!